Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

what birth control do you use? Help me pick one!

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 8:58 PM
  • 17 Replies
Heyy, I got a doctor appointment on the 4th. I wanna get on birth control. Right now my husband and I have a little boy (almost 6 months old) we wanna wait a year and a half to two years before another baby.

So, what birth control do you use? Hows your period on it? (Light, heavy, or no period) what are the side effects from it? Do you like it? Any other information that might be helpful would be great too!!! Thanks (:
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 8:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wife.N.Mommy94
by Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 8:59 PM
Bump
Wife.N.Mommy94
Bump
Wife.N.Mommy94
Bump
rlrowl
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 10:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I have Mirena, I know some people don't like it but I LOVE it. I don't get any periods, no weight gain, I don't even usually remember I have it. I've had it for almost half a year. You get cramps like a period and some spotting at first but after that it's fine. It can be used up to 5 years, but I want a baby in 2 years so I can get it taken out at any time and be able to try again.  That sounded like an ad or something lol but I think it's a great choice. My best friend also has it and she loves it too.

wonderstruck11
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 10:43 PM

I have the Mirena IUD and I love it! I have had it for over 2 years now. I get a period maybe once every other month and they are very light and only last 3 days at max. Sometimes I go 4 months without even getting a period. I haven't had any side effects like weight gain, whic is a big difference than other BC that I have been on.

I used to be on the Depo shot and HATED IT. I had it for 9 months and blead the entire time, with terrible cramping and weight gain.

Babybear89
by Geeky Gracey on Mar. 24, 2014 at 11:29 PM
I don't remember what mine is called exactly I think its novum 777
Wife.N.Mommy94
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:16 AM
Isn't that the one people are saying it can move and have to have it surgery removed?

Quoting rlrowl:

I have Mirena, I know some people don't like it but I LOVE it. I don't get any periods, no weight gain, I don't even usually remember I have it. I've had it for almost half a year. You get cramps like a period and some spotting at first but after that it's fine. It can be used up to 5 years, but I want a baby in 2 years so I can get it taken out at any time and be able to try again.  That sounded like an ad or something lol but I think it's a great choice. My best friend also has it and she loves it too.

Wife.N.Mommy94
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:19 AM
Isn't that the one thats can moved and you have to have it surgery removed? Sorry I dont know much about birth control. I haven't been on birth control since I was 13. I only took the pill then.. I would rather have something that gives me less pierods

Quoting wonderstruck11:

I have the Mirena IUD and I love it! I have had it for over 2 years now. I get a period maybe once every other month and they are very light and only last 3 days at max. Sometimes I go 4 months without even getting a period. I haven't had any side effects like weight gain, whic is a big difference than other BC that I have been on.I used to be on the Depo shot and HATED IT. I had it for 9 months and blead the entire time, with terrible cramping and weight gain.

TurtleMami
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:25 AM
I have a Paraguard. Doc said my first two periods would be extra heavy and painful, but my first period was actually a lot less painful than what it used to be.
Wife.N.Mommy94
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:27 AM
I haven't heard of it.. is it a pill? Or how do you have it?

Quoting TurtleMami: I have a Paraguard. Doc said my first two periods would be extra heavy and painful, but my first period was actually a lot less painful than what it used to be.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN