Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever had an eating disorder?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:25 AM
  • 7 Replies
I have a friend who has battled anorexia and bulimia for about 10 years on and off now. I think she might be slipping again. If you've ever had an eating disorder, was there any support that was better than another? Is there anything I can say to her to voice my concern without pushing her away? Are you recovered now or do you still struggle?
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
wonderstruck11
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:05 PM
I have not dealt with eating disorders so here is a bump.
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:21 PM

I am addicted to food and deal with weight issues, but not anorexia/bulemia.  I have a great support system of a group of ladies that I've known online for many years.  We all struggle with the same issues with food and we all know how to encourage and help eachother.

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:32 PM

No, I haven't.

cemcnair
by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 9:31 AM
Bump?
sunshine86912
by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 11:25 AM

when I was younger yes.  I was anorexic..and didnt eat like ever..or if I did eat..it was VERY little ( I was a BIG girl in my teens, almost 200 lbs)..I was so desperate to lose weight and look like everyone else.  hated to exercise so it seemed like food control was the way to go.  To be honest, I got NO support..no one even really noticed..no one ever said anything to me...but if they had, I would have just denied it.  In the end I realized that wasnt actually working..and that I DID like to eat food lol, so I just started making better food choices....

I cant say I really struggle with it now, but I can say, that I can NOT count my calories.  thats what most people do when they want to lose weight..but I cant..I obsess..and find a magic number..doesnt matter if its the right one or not...but then I will not eat over that number of calories no matter what I do..I could work out for 3 hours and I still wont eat over X amount of calories...so I just learned to NOT count them..and that works for me lol

Babybear89
by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 12:28 PM
I have the opposite issue. I over eat I feel lije I can't stop.
Haleyleann
by on Apr. 9, 2014 at 2:35 PM

im recovering from anorexia and belimia. it was really hard to force myself to eat. but i knew whn i became pregnant i had to for my son. its still hard to do it, its a constant struggle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)