• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What sacrifices did you have to make when you became a mom?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:02 PM
  • 5 Replies

Becoming a young mom usually comes with at least some sacrifices... loss of friendships, change of lifestyle, etc.

What were some of the sacrifices you made?

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
StreetsAhead
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:07 PM

I was in college when DS came to live with me so a lot

Nights out, my flat with friends (I got my own place with him), spare time. I had a very different last year at university than I thought I would.

With this one not a lot - I'm 25 now, have a house, a career that I love (with mat leave) a DH, an actual family life.

sjenkins8208
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:10 PM
Sleep and unconditional freedom. Being responsible for JUST me. I was happy to give these things up, but it was still an adjustment. Little things like shopping all the time and having my nails done( until our son got older) were annoying but not a HUGE sacrifice.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:45 PM
A lot. I gave up going to high school and got my GED instead. I was set to start college twice but got pregnant so I put it off. I gave up sleep. I gave up my perky boobs and stretch mark free stomach. But I also have up bad habits like smoking and heavy drinking. Definitely love my boys and would not change a thing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Benswifey10710
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:13 PM
Sleep. College. Freedom. But I love my kids. They are only little once.
cheetah90210
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 1:08 PM
None really my life began when I became a mom finished school before my son was born and the sleep wasn't that bad I never really liked to party so nothing.i did have to work harder for my son and I but that wasnt a problem for me it payed off.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)