Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

baby list

Posted by on May. 2, 2014 at 2:33 AM
  • 17 Replies
Can anyone give me a list of thing that my child will NEED after she is born .. Every single thing ..
by on May. 2, 2014 at 2:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
booaura
by Bella on May. 2, 2014 at 3:00 AM
That depends. Will you breastfeed, co-sleep, cloth diaper? Or formula, not co-sleep, and disposable diaper? The only absolutes are car seat, clothes, and wipes. The rest, depends on your lifestyle and parenting choices.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
csmcgr
by Member on May. 2, 2014 at 9:56 AM

I wouldn't go out and buy tons of stuff unless you have no family or friends. After my dd was born we were swarmed with stuff and then i realized what i would like to have but didn't from there and knew what i needed to get

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2014 at 2:04 PM

I agree with this.  As long as you have a safe, secure car seat and a place for baby to sleep you'll be fine.  The rest is up to you... how you prefer to feed, diaper, etc.

Quoting booaura: That depends. Will you breastfeed, co-sleep, cloth diaper? Or formula, not co-sleep, and disposable diaper? The only absolutes are car seat, clothes, and wipes. The rest, depends on your lifestyle and parenting choices.

Maevelyn
by Member on May. 2, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Yeah there is really only shades of 'need' after car seats. To me I 'need' a moby wrap but my friend never uses one. I only breastfed and used a boppie, she didn't like the boppie and pumped a lot ect. It's trial and error.

Oh and cloth diapers as burp cloths, they are the only way to go. I don't know anyone who preferred the tiny scraps of nothing that are sold as burp cloths.

sunshine86912
by Dawn on May. 3, 2014 at 4:40 AM

a few outfits, diapers..wipes

Johlsh
by on May. 3, 2014 at 4:43 AM
Clothes, disposable diapers or cloth. Bottles, nipples, and formula if you formula feed or just your boob if you breastfeed. A nuk/pacifier can be very helpful. Carseat is a must!
Retrokitty
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2014 at 2:31 PM
Clothes, diapers, car seat, wipes.

It really depends. I breastfed and coslept so I didn't need anything else.
MichelleRawrr
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 11:30 AM
Towels, washcloths, diapers, wipes, clothes, blankets, recieving blankets, I strongly reccomend boppy pillow w/ at least two extra covers if bfing, boogy sucker, diaper bag, bottles, pacifiers, bottle warmer if bfing, manual pump for those days when you're engorged, nipple butter if bfing, breast pads for you & pads for pp bleeding, nail clippers & filers, multi-purpose cream for baby just in case of diaper rashes ( in the first few weeks of baby's life her butt got red, her pedi said it's because she needs changed so much we're basically wiping her skin off since it's so thin ) that's what I felt I definitely needed for baby & NEEDS for myself & I use every single thing on this list almost every day. I also felt I needed a bassinet so I could have her close by in the first few months instead of having her in her nursery.
maria1613
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2014 at 11:36 AM
I agree, disposable diapers for burp clothes. It worked ssssooooooo well for us. Also, we found that there was no such thing as too many wipes. I wouldn't buy a whole lot of anything else if I had people giving us diapers, clothes, toys, blankets and such. I agree with the others, that said car seat. Also we got our stroller and we're still always using ours. That was a MUST HAVE for us

Quoting Maevelyn:

Yeah there is really only shades of 'need' after car seats. To me I 'need' a moby wrap but my friend never uses one. I only breastfed and used a boppie, she didn't like the boppie and pumped a lot ect. It's trial and error.

Oh and cloth diapers as burp cloths, they are the only way to go. I don't know anyone who preferred the tiny scraps of nothing that are sold as burp cloths.

Sisteract
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:38 AM

Food, shelter (a safe place to sleep) and clothing/diapers.

Loving parents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)