Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So, young moms

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:31 AM
  • 32 Replies
How young were you when you had your kids? How old are you now, how many kids? How do you afford them?

I realize the question sounds confrontational, but I really am curious, since most of you I've read have multiple kids.
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
juniors.mommy
by Member on May. 4, 2014 at 10:32 AM
I was 17. I am now 20. I only have one kid and hes almost 3. & I have a job.
booaura
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:35 AM
I had my kids at 20, 22, and I'll be 23 when my twins are born. My oldest isn't biologically mine, but I became his mom when I married my husband, I was 20.

I'm a registered nurse, dh is a lawyer. I wouldn't have had multiple children, or even one child, unless I could afford them. I was raised to expect more from myself, so I did more. It blows my mind how many women and girls are ok with having kids they can't really afford, or before they've even finished school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamashealovekin
by on May. 4, 2014 at 10:46 AM
I was 16 when I had my first 18 with my second. I will be 25 on the 17th. We make really good money and have great insurance that's how we afford it.
Randi02
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:08 AM

I was almost 22 when my oldest was born, I'm 29 now. My husband is 33.

We have 4 children, ages 7, 6, almost 4, and 15 months.

My husband has a great job, that is how we afford them. We waited until we had bought our first home, and could afford for me to quit my job and stay home with them to have kids :)

wonderstruck11
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:09 AM
Pregnant at 17 but miscarried. Second pregnancy at 19 and she was born shortly after my 20th birthday.
I am now 22.
MichelleRawrr
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:10 AM
I am 18 had my first baby & she's going to be my only. My bf has SSI & I have a decent enough job making at least $600 a month. But before I was pregnant I had two jobs saving money. I am really good at handling my money.
aimlee
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:11 AM

I was 18 when I got pregnant with my first, 19 when she was born. I now am 22 have 2 kids and our last one is due July 1st. I am a sahm. it can be tough but my husband and I stick to a budget and he has a really good job. We are buying our first house this month. :)

KylersMom8-16-7
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 11:13 AM
I had my children at 17, 19, 21, and 24. As a teen I lived with my mom and she helped me a lot. I was on PA for a year after my second was born to save up to move out with my fiance, which we did. I'm 24 now and we have four boys. I have been the SAHM and he works. It works for us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Arianasieghart
by on May. 4, 2014 at 11:34 AM
I had my son when I was 19. I live with my mom still while I'm finishing school & working full time at Starbucks. I'm not in contact with my kids father and he doesn't pay child support so I pay for everything (no rent, yet) with my paychecks from Starbucks. I work from 4am-1pm so my mom watches him during that time before she leaves for work at 2 so I'm lucky to not have to pay for child care.
anon1986East
by on May. 4, 2014 at 1:44 PM

18, 19, 22, 25, and 27. We have seven children (two sets of twins). I'm now 28. We afford them by working.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)