Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Torn between husband and mother

Posted by on May. 4, 2014 at 2:37 PM
  • 6 Replies
So i am 36 weeks pregnant with my second child. With my first my it was just my husband and i in the delivery room which is the way we wanted it. But this time its our last child more then likely and I want my mom to be in the room this time. Well my mom and my husband don't get along at all so im torn about having her there because i really dont want or need them to get into it while I'm in labor. I think they both can pretend to be civil for me but I'm worried about the wrong thing being said. I already talked to my husband about it and that did not go over well and it did not help my issue i feel like even though i want my mom there it will just end in disaster.
by on May. 4, 2014 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KylersMom8-16-7
by Platinum Member on May. 4, 2014 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Make it clear that they can both be there and be civil or they can both leave. You are the one giving birth and you deserve to get what you want even if it means they need to bite their tongues for a day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshine86912
by on May. 4, 2014 at 3:51 PM
This for sure. My husband and mother don't get along.but after 7 years I've told them..I won't be in the middle..lol. They can hash it out or leave it alone..but I'm not getting in the middle

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7: Make it clear that they can both be there and be civil or they can both leave. You are the one giving birth and you deserve to get what you want even if it means they need to bite their tongues for a day.
ablox
by Member on May. 5, 2014 at 11:28 AM

They can be civil for a freaking day and if they cant they just dont need to come

Randi02
by on May. 5, 2014 at 4:05 PM

For me, I would only have my husband there.

It's the birth of HIS child, too. I wouldn't want him to have to tiptoe around someone he doesn't get along, or feel totally comfortable with.

RADmomma
by on May. 7, 2014 at 1:46 PM

I would sit them down now and explain that this is YOUR day... YOU want them both there for YOU... if they cant work as a team for one day... thats sad

cheetah90210
by Member on May. 8, 2014 at 11:41 PM
Sit them down together before hand if that doesn't work mom doesn't need to be their.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)