Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Hair loss after birth!

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:12 PM
  • 7 Replies
I am losing MASSIVE amounts of hair right now! My baby is 3 months and this started about 3 weeks ago :( I feel like I am going to lose all of my hair :( The front of my scalp suddenly started flaking off also! Help!
by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
DestinyLewis
by on Jun. 17, 2014 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this
My hair started to fall out with both my kids at 3months. I was loosing hands full of it was crazy! But don't worry it should all grow back and it happens to a lot of people.
wonderstruck11
by Allons-y on Jun. 17, 2014 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Yup, that is normal. Your bosy is trying to balance out your hormons, so it ges kind of out of wack for a while.

C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 2:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I never experienced that, but I know it's pretty common and totally normal. Hair growth increases during pregnancy, so what you're seeing is a lot of that extra hair shedding.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lyndsjo
by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you girls!! It is just a shock to see huge chunks coming out ha! Oh motherhood!
NoAh-Kiriz-MoM
by on Jun. 18, 2014 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats on your beautiful new baby...your hormones just need time to balance out...keep taking your prenatals and you'll be back to normal in no time..

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 2:39 PM

Totally normal!  You might try using some argon oil or something to help with the flakiness that's going on with your scalp.  Keep on with your vitamins and eat healthy and the hair loss will stop soon (usually within a few months).

KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2014 at 4:53 PM
Unfortunately it's normal. I am lucky enough to have the shedding continue 18-24 months after I have my kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN