Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teen/young moms- ever feel like ....

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:23 PM
  • 9 Replies

So here is a little back story, Both of my parents are very professionally advanced in the working world. Both have great jobs. They separated when I was in 7th grade, I have 2 older sisters and 1 younger. My parents both remarried and had more kids. I got pregnant November of my senior year of high school. My daughter is now 10 months. My parents always seem so proud of my other siblings. and I honestly feel like the I am nothing to them. it drove me to the point that i moved out. I love them but I feel like their love for me has decreased. They just make me feel like crap. 

Does anyone else just feel like your family hasn't forgiven you for getting pregnant at a young age? Make you feel like your siblings are better than you!

ugh sorry, had to vent!

by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
booaura
by on Jun. 29, 2014 at 11:37 PM
No, but even though I was a young mom, I had graduated with my bachelors degree before I got married and had a child. Both my parents are physicans, my older siblings are all highly educated professionals. I'm the only one who had children young, or got married young, and my parents have never made a secret of the fact that they don't approve. But having a child in high school, or without a means to support said child, was NEVER an option, just not something I'd consider. College, an education, and a way to support my kids before having them was a given in my family, regardless of age.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Jun. 30, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Nope. My sister doesn't have kids and is not married like me, but I have a college degree and a career, unlike my sister. But regardless, my parents have always treated us fairly and they don't look down on us for what we chose to do in life.

CaptNumo9
by on Jun. 30, 2014 at 5:48 PM

I am sorry for your struggles. Sometimes we just have to move forward and let the past be. I can appreciate your vent. You are precious, valuable and loved, you have a sweet little girl who will be your legacy. Hugs mama!

Lexismom20
by on Jul. 1, 2014 at 12:16 AM

I dont have siblings but my grandfather was my best pal we did everything together. Fishing, shooting, swimming! once he found out he was so disapointed in me I feel like hes never got over it but learned to live with it, hes happy for me but it isn't the same. He is like my father to me!

proud mommy I am~! 

KREX0914
by on Jul. 2, 2014 at 12:36 PM

No. I graduated at 17, had a baby at 18 and graduated college with a BA at 21. Then I entered grad school and had another baby at 23. Now I have my childhood dream job and gave them two perfect grandchildren. They aren't disappointed in how my life turned out. Life is what you make of it.

BentoMommy
by on Jul. 4, 2014 at 9:06 PM

I sometimes think the 'young moms' group should be labeled 'had a kid at 18+'.  Any member who isn't a teen mom isn't going to understand you.  My parents always loved my younger sister more than me, even before I stated dating.  I moved out as well before 18 and have never thought twice about it.  My parents were evil, selfish and career centered people who only would give me a pat on the head if I got an A+ on something.  They didn't care if I could accomplish anything else.  My mother still makes it clear how stupid she thinks I am because my sister (soon to be 17) isn't pregnant (even though she started having sex before I did) and has a 4.5 GPA instead of a 3.5 which only retards have.

Vent all you want hun, I completely understand.

Charliemom12
by on Jul. 5, 2014 at 3:57 PM

I know how you feel experienced it a lot....

VictoriaSalazar
by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 2:03 PM

Nope, I graduated and even tho I got pregnat @ 18 it was planned & got married. Have a full family support and my family is more proud of me then they are of my older brother.  

rainbowsNmetal
by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 2:37 PM
Me getting pregnant young was just the icing on the cake for my parents. They've always made it very very clear that they love my older brother and sister more than me. Simply because they aren't gay and I am. So then for me to PLAN to have a child with a woman was just totally unacceptable. I'm over it. and have been for a long time. It's not like either one of my parents would ever get parent of the year award anyways.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)