Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just because a mom doesnt breast feed

Posted by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:26 PM
  • 16 Replies

Doesn't mean she's less of a mom.

get over it, and now this vent is over.

by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 8:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Imperfect_Faith
by on Nov. 8, 2014 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this
Breast is best.

Baby must be fed.

Personal choice is all that matters.

Those are the three facts that are pretty much indisputable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Platinum Member on Nov. 8, 2014 at 10:35 PM
2 moms liked this
It is a choice but there's risks to using formula. It's nutritionally inferior to breastmilk. I would never choose formula first, I have had breastfeeding not work out. I felt guilty because I wanted my boys to have better. I breastfed my third and am breastfeeding my fourth, my bond is much stronger because of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkLoverr
by on Nov. 9, 2014 at 8:21 AM

There are risks with crossing the street. Unless you eat 100% ORGANIC GMO, and other crap is being passed in the breast milk. There are babies killed, and starving... yet women are putting down other women who breastfeed. Its ridiculous, first world problems.

You wanna breastfeed? Do it

You wanna formula feed? Do it

A lot of schools feed school kids GMO food, and I don't see the parents protesting. Well only some do.

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7: It is a choice but there's risks to using formula. It's nutritionally inferior to breastmilk. I would never choose formula first, I have had breastfeeding not work out. I felt guilty because I wanted my boys to have better. I breastfed my third and am breastfeeding my fourth, my bond is much stronger because of it.

PinkLoverr
by on Nov. 9, 2014 at 8:23 AM

Its not about the obvious. Breast is best, but if you want to FF you can do it. Nobody should criticize your choice as long as the baby is being fed, and developing correctly. 

Quoting Imperfect_Faith: Breast is best. Baby must be fed. Personal choice is all that matters. Those are the three facts that are pretty much indisputable.

tattedmommy730
by Member on Nov. 9, 2014 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you. I had some crazy lady tell me i should have CPS called on me because I wasnt breastfeeding. Little does she know I would have had CPS called on me if i kept trying to breastfeed.
PinkLoverr
by on Nov. 9, 2014 at 8:27 AM

You're welcome! She should have 911 called on her so they could take her crazy bum to psycho ward lol

Why was Breastfeeding a potential risk for your baby if you dont mind me asking?

Quoting tattedmommy730: Thank you. I had some crazy lady tell me i should have CPS called on me because I wasnt breastfeeding. Little does she know I would have had CPS called on me if i kept trying to breastfeed.

tattedmommy730
by Member on Nov. 9, 2014 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this
I wasnt producing enough and he was losing weight at a rapid rate.

Quoting PinkLoverr:

You're welcome! She should have 911 called on her so they could take her crazy bum to psycho ward lol

Why was Breastfeeding a potential risk for your baby if you dont mind me asking?

Quoting tattedmommy730: Thank you. I had some crazy lady tell me i should have CPS called on me because I wasnt breastfeeding. Little does she know I would have had CPS called on me if i kept trying to breastfeed.

KylersMom8-16-7
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2014 at 11:52 AM
2 moms liked this
And your point... formula is contaminated all the time. It is supposed to be prepared with boiling water to sterilize it. It has had broken glass, bugs(everything does), metal shards, and deadly bacteria in it.

Breastmilk is antibacterial and antiviral. It contains stem cells. Breastfeeding prevents breast cancer, heals wounds, and has been shown to kill cancer cells. It is nutritionally superior regardless of diet or environmental contamination.

Feed your kid but breastmilk is the most beneficial choice, period.

Quoting PinkLoverr:

There are risks with crossing the street. Unless you eat 100% ORGANIC GMO, and other crap is being passed in the breast milk. There are babies killed, and starving... yet women are putting down other women who breastfeed. Its ridiculous, first world problems.

You wanna breastfeed? Do it

You wanna formula feed? Do it

A lot of schools feed school kids GMO food, and I don't see the parents protesting. Well only some do.

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7: It is a choice but there's risks to using formula. It's nutritionally inferior to breastmilk. I would never choose formula first, I have had breastfeeding not work out. I felt guilty because I wanted my boys to have better. I breastfed my third and am breastfeeding my fourth, my bond is much stronger because of it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Imperfect_Faith
by on Nov. 9, 2014 at 2:00 PM
I agree, but if you'd actually read what I wrote, you'd know that. I agree, as long as the baby is fed, that is all that matters, but at the same time, breast is best, something many ff moms pretend isn't true.

Quoting PinkLoverr:

Its not about the obvious. Breast is best, but if you want to FF you can do it. Nobody should criticize your choice as long as the baby is being fed, and developing correctly. 

Quoting Imperfect_Faith: Breast is best.

Baby must be fed.

Personal choice is all that matters.

Those are the three facts that are pretty much indisputable.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RocknRoll.Rose
by Member on Nov. 9, 2014 at 2:04 PM

Lol you would think that this would be common sense that how your baby gets fed doesn't change your mom status, but this is CafeMom land where the rules are made up and reality doesn't matter .

"The baby girl without a chance
A victim of the circumstance
The one who oughta give up
But she's just too hard headed
A single mom who works two jobs
Who loves her kids and never stops
With gentle hands and a heart of a fighter
I'm a survivor"

-Reba McEntire

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)