Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long did it take you to get your body back after giving birth?

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:33 PM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

I've been struggling ever since I had my son.  I lost all the weight once, but gained it back and it's been a fight ever since.

How long did it take you to lose your baby weight?  Are you able to maintain it?

by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jen-jen99
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this
mine are 16 and 22.....ill let you know! lol....still waiting!
ShowMustGoOn86
by on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:16 PM
By two months, I was back to normal and stayed there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KCartair
by Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

First Pic was my last day being pregnant. & the second pic was 3 months after he was born. I been skinny but my youngest it took a few months.
KylersMom8-16-7
by Platinum Member on Dec. 28, 2014 at 7:54 PM
My first it took 6 weeks, second 14 months, third 9 months, and fourth 4 months and now he's almost a year and I weigh less then I did my freshman year of high school:o)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Dec. 29, 2014 at 10:47 AM

I gained 57lbs, but was back to "normal" when my son was 3 months. I started gaining weight again when my son was around a year old, just due to eating more staying at home all the time and not being active. I lost the weight at that time and have been able to maintain my pre-pregnancy weight in all the years since then. But I'm pregnant again, so I'll be going through it all over again.  

rachellaree20
by Member on Dec. 30, 2014 at 6:50 AM

With my first I lost all but 15 lbs of the baby weight but I had started out the pregnancy underweight and didn't want to get back to my pre-baby weight since I looked too thin.  It took about 2ish months to get to where I wanted to be with that one.  With my second I'm currently 3 months post-partum and would like to lose another 10lbs.  I've already lost 30 of the 40lbs I gained but with the holidays and it being winter, losing the last 10 lbs has been difficult this time.

enaih2
by on Dec. 30, 2014 at 11:51 AM
The next day.the doctor came in the room and was shocked my stomach went down. But my daughter was a little baby. I only gained 15 pounds.
NightmaresEngel
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:25 PM
Do you guys recommend any workouts that worked good for you?
Jenn8604
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 1:31 PM
Mine is 6.5 and I'm still huge.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LittleRed80
by on Dec. 31, 2014 at 4:34 PM
I've been struggling with my weight ever since I had my first child. It seems like after they are born there is an extra 10 that I just couldn't get off. So after 3 kids that's 30 extra pounds... Yikes! I was in the process of a strict diet and exercise plan and I got pregnant again. I have to be on modified bed rest during most of my pregnancy so with the inactivity and horrible eating habits I gain in excess. I have a lot of work to do after this baby is born, but I can't wait. I love the little calorie boost that breastfeeding gives. That coupled with diet and exercise helps a lot.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)