Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are your parents involved in your children's lives?

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:47 AM
  • 13 Replies

My mom and stepdad are very involved in my kids' lives.  My dad and stepmom aren't so much, partly because they live several hours away, partly because they choose not to be involved much.  My older son's paternal grandfather is involved, somewhat, with him (his grandmother is deceased).  My younger kids' paternal grandparents are deceased but they do see their dad's grandmother once or twice a year.

by on Jan. 14, 2015 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KylersMom8-16-7
by Platinum Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 12:58 PM
My MIL and my mom are. My DFs Dad passed away a couple years ago and my Dad lives in Colorado.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, very much so. My whole family is actually. My in laws aren't because they live in another country.

juniors.mommy
by Member on Jan. 14, 2015 at 2:09 PM
They were but we just moved 4 states away
PinkGlitterBomb
by on Jan. 15, 2015 at 12:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes they are. We live about half an hour away and they see my son often. Same for dh's parents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rachellaree20
by Member on Jan. 15, 2015 at 3:19 PM

My dad is somewhat.  My mom isn't at all.

Echo5
by Member on Jan. 16, 2015 at 2:12 AM

No. 

My mom left me at my aunt's house when I was 12. Haven't seen her in years, last year she got in contact with me. My Dad passed away when I was 10. 

My Aunt however, is very involved. She is like a crazy awesome big sister/mom and best friend. 

BostonMomma08
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2015 at 4:53 AM
My mom passed away in March, but she and my dad were hugely involved in DS's life, and my dad still is. And DH's parents, although not biologically his grandparents, treat him just like he's always been their grandchild. We are very blessed to have incredible, close knit families.
BrutalTruth
by on Jan. 17, 2015 at 11:00 AM

Df's are, mine are not.

mischele
by on Jan. 17, 2015 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this
My parents were always involved with my kids until DH went active duty and moved us across the country. My kids see their grandparents one to two times a year
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jan. 17, 2015 at 3:05 PM

I'm so sorry for the loss of your dad.  I'm glad though that you have your aunt in your life, it sounds like what your mom did was the best for you since you had so much love from your aunt.

Quoting Echo5:

No. 

My mom left me at my aunt's house when I was 12. Haven't seen her in years, last year she got in contact with me. My Dad passed away when I was 10. 

My Aunt however, is very involved. She is like a crazy awesome big sister/mom and best friend. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)