Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you have little ones...

Posted by on Nov. 27, 2016 at 11:57 AM
  • 9 Replies

Do they pull on or grab for the holiday decorations?

What do you do to keep their little hands away?

by on Nov. 27, 2016 at 11:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
dragonborn
by Group Admin on Nov. 27, 2016 at 12:20 PM
I've been lucky. Both my girls (and my cat) leave the decor alone for the most part. Just redirect and give a stern no.
RocknRoll.Rose
by Member on Dec. 9, 2016 at 7:33 AM

I tell them to leave the decorations alone and then I repeat it fifty billion times between Thanksgiving and New Years. 

Ann0
by New Member on Aug. 30, 2017 at 6:29 PM

Hello, moms, the kids are the most wonderful things in life. I like them playing. But I annoyed a little when they mess around with decoration. I am obliged to repeat it again.  I tell them to help me in decoration. I make them realize how decoration is important. So that they rely on themselves

cymkare
by on Sep. 4, 2017 at 11:11 PM

I wrap a play yard (like the plastic baby gates) around the Christmas tree and everything else is out of their reach. 

lovingladyo4
by New Member on Oct. 30, 2017 at 5:56 PM

I keep the decorations out of reach. Saves frustration for both and we all get to enjoy the holidays better. 

Magazinexlover6
by New Member on Nov. 3, 2017 at 2:58 PM

My little girl is 4 years old, turning 5 in December. She doesn't pull or grab for the decorations, neither she did last year. Well she did do it 2 years ago when she was almost 3. My son is only nearly 10 months, but he does look up and sometimes might pull or grab. I explained 'finished' when they do do it. When we have bonfires and things like that, It's safety first for my fearless 4 year old! Anyway we usually put the decorations like bunting by the doors, where they can't really reach. I did get concerned when my daughter was a toddler, as she would touch EVERYTHING. She explored like that of course, and I don't want her or my baby to knock delicate decorations off the shelfs. We ended up moving them out of her reach, and fortunately my son won't be able to fiddle with them.

KCartair
by Member on Nov. 26, 2017 at 10:37 AM
My kids like to help put them up; the only one who I think Might pull onnthem is my 1 YO; But we’ll see if he does it this Christmas.
lovingladyo4
by New Member on Nov. 27, 2017 at 7:00 PM

Depends on how old they are. What can they comprehend and what do they need to learn through repetition? It's a whole lot easier to keep the decorations up high or cut back on how many you put out. Find the happy in-between.

Chunksmom95
by on Nov. 29, 2017 at 6:45 PM

You just have to keep saying over and over and over again "No Touch". It is according what age they are if it will stick and for how long. This year my little one is 14 months now so it could be a lot of "No Touch" this year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)