Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you regret the baby names you chose?

Posted by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 1:43 PM
  • 9 Replies

Everyone is entitled to have a change of heart, but what happens when the very thing you're second-guessing is your baby's name? As much time, effort, and research that expectant parents put into choosing the "perfect name" for their pending bundle of joy, you'd think people would be happy with their decisions ... right? Yeah, think again.

While a good number of new moms and dads just love the name they chose for LO, there are some who wish they could hit the redo button in a game of #JustKidding.

Should you happen to be one of the parents in the latter group -- who may or may not cringe every time they hear a certain baby name (no judgment here) -- please know you aren't alone. 

These parents are speaking up about why they no longer jibe with their baby's name. In an ideal world, we would love every decision we make, but hey, we don't really live in an ideal world, do we?

Image via petereleven/Shutterstock

Do you regret the baby names you chose?

by on Dec. 11, 2016 at 1:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
dhamar
by on Dec. 12, 2016 at 5:45 PM

NO I NAMED MY DAUGTHER GENESIS, SHES MY FIRST DAUGTHER AND I LOVE HER NAME AND DONT REGRET IT TO ME HER NAME HAS A HUGE MEANING GENESIS MEANS BEGINIG AND SHES THE BEGINIG TO MY FAMILY AND OF NEW THINGS

skyenbaby
by on Dec. 12, 2016 at 5:47 PM
Nope. My son is Rylan Alexander. I absolutely love his name.
Olivia_Nicole
by Member on Dec. 17, 2016 at 5:11 PM
Nope! My son is Brody Wyatt and I adore his name. We sometimes call him B, which I adore also.
MommyLyssaa2
by New Member on Jan. 2, 2017 at 5:17 AM
Nope, we named our son Levi and our daughter was Penelope. I figured since they already had to deal with the really young mom thing they should have normal names.
Turtle_lover101
by on May. 15, 2017 at 11:49 AM

NEVER and I named my children Serenity, Kanna, and Kyran

Magazinexlover6
by New Member on May. 28, 2017 at 11:15 AM

When I was pregnant with my daughter (now 4) we were looking up baby names. CM's sister site is one of the best baby name sites. One of their top girl names is Emilia, and we both loved that name straight away. I know it's very popular, but not as popular as the Lily, Sophie, Olivia, Imogen ect. I love it so much and it really fits in with her personality, she's our little princess!

I fell in love with the unisex name Bailey for our baby boy who is now 4 months. Even if it's more popular for girls, it's less popular than Emilia so he will never really get confused. I try not to choose popular baby names for my kids as I don't want them to get confused when another person calls their name, and their actually trying to talk to a completely different child.

rowek
by New Member on Jul. 14, 2017 at 10:33 PM

no way!  i love the boys's names. treyton and havok 

KCartair
by Member on Nov. 26, 2017 at 9:55 PM
Nope. I love My kids name

Emanuel
Madison
Zyaire
Leland
Caitlin10081989
by on Dec. 11, 2017 at 7:47 PM

No, I do not regret the baby names I chose.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)