Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

My Baby Shakes....

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2007 at 4:14 PM
  • 17 Replies
Hey everyone, I just wanted to know if any of you have ever seen or heard of anything like this.

My daughter shakes for a few seconds sparatically. It coud be at any time of day, and she will all of a sudden shake(only her upper body). A while back, when i noticed her doing it, i thought it was on purpose. Until last saturday she did it like 5 times within the same hour. It was clear she wasnt doing it on purpose, her muscles in her arms were tight, and the look on her face...she looked scared or like she wanted it to stop. Sometimes she looks around, sometimes she stares. I took her to the emergency room and they couldnt do a catscan because she had ate within the last 8 hours. So now she has an appt to see a Peds Neurologist to find out whats going on.  Please let me know if any of you have ever heard of this before. Thanx!
by on Jun. 22, 2007 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stephanie021
by on Jun. 22, 2007 at 4:16 PM
sorry never heard of this but i hope your app goes good and nothing is wrong.
amy23renee
My baby does this too. It used to scare me so bad! Are you sure she's not just peeing? I think that's why Pailey does it. Good luck, I doubt anything is wrong with her. Please let me know what you find out, now I feel a little nervous.
ABCS2004
it sounds like she's having minor seizures. I haven't ever heard of any other reasons why a child would do that other then that. But it's good that your taking her to a neurologist. Good luck with it all
ttkbrent
by on Jun. 22, 2007 at 4:19 PM
At the emergency room the doctor kept asking me if she was peeing...but im sure she wasnt because she is doing good with potty training and she was wearing panties all day that day until i got her dressed to go to the ER. So if she would have been peeing it would have been very noticeable...
Desserea
by on Jun. 22, 2007 at 7:14 PM
My 3 1/2 week old son does that same thing i thought maybe it was nothing but it is starting to worry me too so i am gonna bring it up at his next doctors apt. hope everything is normal with your baby and mine, i am sure it is nothing to worry about though.
sharayah2
by on Jun. 23, 2007 at 1:35 AM
I'm no doctor but it seems like your baby could be having seizures. Especially if her muscles are tight and she looks scared. She shouldn't be shaking just becasue she's peeing!!! I hope all is well, good luck.
kittyd.
by on Jun. 23, 2007 at 1:39 AM
my baby would shake when he was born and it was  because he had low blood sugar...i think i forgot.
Patience1
by on Jun. 23, 2007 at 1:48 AM
seizures it sounds like give her a banana a day and also after she shakes give her a spoon or two full of breyers vanielle ice cream help her glocuse levels stay well and lots of water LOTS OF it and dont get scared talk to her quietly when shes having one say your okay but quietly
ttkbrent
by on Jun. 23, 2007 at 1:15 PM
WoW...okay i will keep all those things in mind. Thanks..I will keep you all up to date her appt is on tuesday. So i let ya know what happens.
fbmich1016
by on Jun. 23, 2007 at 1:50 PM

my baby is a newborn and he useto shake too...i asked the doctor she said that his nervous system is not fullly developed yet so wen he touches his face or watever he startles himself....i think ur baby will be fine...good luck at doctors

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)