Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Advice on Self-tanners

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2007 at 3:01 AM
  • 6 Replies
okay, I am very fair skin and I'm not a big beach person because of my self-confidence issues... And I would feel like a complete idiot if I went to a tanning salon because I've never been and none of my friends are willing to go... So I want to know your opinions on self-tanners.. Are they a waste of money?? Are there good brands that I would love for my skin tone? Or should I grow a back bone a go to the tanning bed/ the beach....
by on Jun. 25, 2007 at 3:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
babyjones
by on Jun. 25, 2007 at 3:07 AM
either way i dont think itmatters a lot of my friends go and some have gorgues skin and some really over do it but my self i use the self tanners the natural glow and it works great on me
LILBABYMEGS2000
by on Jun. 25, 2007 at 3:18 AM
Honestly, I don't like any of them. They leave your orangey and streaky! I'm VERY light complected too (even have freckles lol) Right before I got married I got  an airbrush tan. I'm not talking about the booths that spray you (though those might work well and you would be in there alone) I'm talking about where someone literally airbrushes your skin! You can wear whatever you like, most people go naked. I didn't...I wore short shorts and a strapless/backless bra. Anyways...the lady just sprayed me and I looked really dark, kind of scary at first. But I took a shower the next morning and alot of the tan came off (it's supposed to) After that my tan was BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! LOL I wasn't orange at all, it was just a really nice bronze  tan. I have before and after pics if you wanna see! It lasted about 10 days and cost about $25, but it was well worth it.

They do sell those bronzing spray guns and a friend of mine has one. It looks really good, if you do it right lol. I think it was around $25.
hammockprincess
by on Jun. 25, 2007 at 6:56 AM
I have a funny story about self tanners, after my son was born, mine and my husbands work had a company picnic at a water park, and pre  baby i was hot so i was nervous about being bigger and paler than everyone, so i worked really hard and lost weight found a flattering bathing suit...then my mil offered her really expensive self tanner to me so i accepted and followed the directions, well it looked really good but for some reason it was not waterproof like it said.... after we got off a ride people started looking at me funny...i was dripping orange!!!!!!!!!!oh well at least it lightened up the situation lol!!!
alli2007
by on Jun. 25, 2007 at 3:49 PM
I'm really fair skinned as well, and the only self tanner that I've found that doesn't turn me orange is Jergan's Natural Glow for fair skin. It doesn't smell the greatest, and you are supposed to use it everyday instead of your daily moisturizer (does anyone actually have a daily moisturizer, or am I the only one who finds it to be a waste of time?), but usually, after using it for 2 days, my skin is about the color they say it should be after a week...
Divalicious973
by on Jun. 25, 2007 at 4:28 PM
I worked in the tanning industry for 5 years, I lived and breathed tanning and still do. During my pregnancy I was bummed I couldn't tan so I spray tanned.

I have told this to plenty of fair skinned moms or pregnant ladies.
Use a mystic tan, they have them at beach bum tanning salons or call around to other salons in ur area they may have them. Why I recommend mystic is because you can choose the level you want and not run the risk of coming out looking like you just spent 5 days in the tropics.

Also, if you can tan normally, I would say go into a low level bed for 3-4 minutes and then spray tan because it will look a lot cleaner and natural.

All those other over the counter spray stuffs will leave u orange and streaky. Email me if you  have any other questions
YoungMomLovinIt
by on Jun. 25, 2007 at 4:31 PM
Don't do it!! They ALL make you orange.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN