Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

labor stories

Posted by on Jun. 25, 2007 at 4:45 PM
  • 56 Replies
Ok well i love hearing about labor stories.  Starting with when you felt your first contraction to going to the hospital to getting the drugs and what it felt like and how it all happened.  I also just want to be ready for when i have this child so i know what to expect even though my storie will be different then all of yours.  But i just loving hearing about them so write about your labor storie and when mine comes i will post it in a journal im 37 weeks so its coming soon.
by on Jun. 25, 2007 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kadums86
by on Jun. 25, 2007 at 4:49 PM
Well  I had a c-section but I will let you know about that cuz you never know... ok well you cant eat for 8 hours before you go under.  They will get you all situated get your gown on and your little hat and they wheel you into the O.R waiting room.  you sit there and ask any questions you can think of and ask trust me and they give you a drink to settle your stomach!!!!!!!!!! then they take you to the O.R. and BEWARE it is the most white room I have ever seen (this is the part that freaked me out) they sit you on the bed and have you lean over your belly and they give you the epidural. then they lay you down and strap you down like they are going to crusify you!!!!! (hahaha) then they open you up and you WILL FEEL TUGGING though it is not painful.  I got really sick from the cocktail and threw up everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but it was really not bad at all.  just be ready and dont be afraid.  oh ya and you will hear them counting all of the tools to make sure that nothing is left (that part freaked me out too!!!!!!!!)  but i really would  not change anything.
TSPMommy04
by on Jun. 25, 2007 at 4:52 PM
I was almost 2 weeks overdue and I had feel out in the parking lot the day of my appointment. I was in the waiting room over 1 hr and I told them what was going on and they put me on a machine to track my contraction and the nurse said are you feeling anything and I told them no. Come to find out I was having contractions very close so my doctor said i'm getting toximia that I need to go to the hospital right away. The took blood from me and gave me potussum.  I told them i was tired so they gave me demeral. That kept me up. I was trying to do a epideral but the doctor that came in to do it said no that u need statal. After they gave me the demeral I was starting to have a little bit of contractions I could feel.When I had the statal about 20 min later I didn't have that bad of pain but I had dialated from 6-10 in about 2 hrs. I was pushing over 1 hr and I had never had lamaz so I wasn't really sure what to do. I will do statal again when I have another one. The demeral started to make me tired after I had my son. That day I was so tired and I remember talking to people but I don't remember what the conversations were about. I had my son at 7:36. I really wish that If I had been up and walking I would've dialated alot fasted. When I arrived at the hospital it took them forever to hook me up to the potussum. It was atleast 3 hrs.
stephanie021
by on Jun. 25, 2007 at 4:54 PM
ok so this is how it started. first off i was 9 days late and was supposed to be iduced but then they put me on a waiting list cause they had no room for me so two days later we still didnt get a call but i kept gettting up having to pee or feeling like i was leaking so finally the last time i laid down my water started leaking pretty bad so i went to the hospital and on the way was when i felt the first contraction it was like a mild period cramp then we get there and i was planning on doing it all natural well i wasnt having contractions like they wanted so they put me on some pitocin and for about 14 hours the contractions got worse and worse and suddenly they were right on top of each other but the doc came in three hrs after cheking me last and i hadnt gone past 4 and at this point it was intense and right on top of each other and i broke down and said give me the f***ing epidural. then i got some sleep and they kept moving me from side to side and checking me. i got to ten and they were waiting form me to efface the rest of the way and for the baby to come down and i was in pain again at this point and they gave mesomething that was supposed to make the pain faid away but it didnt fade completely then is started getting worse and i felt the baby start pushing down and i pushed for 2 hours. the babys head was pretty big and they gave me an episiodomy but i ended up tearing front to back anyway they called it a 4th degree tear i couldnt even hold the baby for like 3 hrs after i had her cause i was in so much pain and just didnt want to. so in all my labor was 28 hrs long. hopefully yours wont be bad as mine lol. well good luck and congrats i look forward to hearing your story.
lilqt7844
by on Jun. 25, 2007 at 5:01 PM
Well my first son, I start having contractions at my doctors appt when I was 38 weeks pregnant. So she told me to go straight to the hospital. I went and I actually got an epidural before my contractions were too bad. I was in labor for 6 hours and I pushed for 3 hours. I had a little trouble when the placenta came out but thats a long story, but with my second son I started having contractions around 7in the morning but I though they were braxton hicks and went back to sleep and I woke up around 9 and they were way more intense, so I took a shower (lol I was still in denial) thinking that the contractions would slow down but the start coming 7 minutes apart, so I called my doctor and she told me to go to the hospital. But I took my time going and I end up getting to the hospital at 11:00 am. I had to wait in triage before they let me go upstairs, but I got to the actual labor and delivery floor at 12:00, got my epidural at 12:30, and had my baby at 12:44 in the afternoon. I pushed for 5 mins (3 pushes) and he came right out. I got really lucky with him, and I didnt have any problems with the placenta like I did with the first. Good Luck. Hope your labor doesnt last too long! But no matter how long the labor is its all worth in when u see your little baby for the first time. :) Congratualtions!!
ccombs
by on Jun. 25, 2007 at 5:02 PM
Jan 31st 2003 My hubby his best friend and I went cosmic bowling... I was just stuffin my face with twizzlers and occasionally throwing the ball. Well the next morning we woke up and Hubby was going to take me to my mom so he could take his friend back to oklahoma which is about an hr away. I kept telling them to carry me to the car because my back was hurting sooo bad. They were calling me a baby and telling me to walk LOL! Well i get to my mom's and am in so much pain... just back pain. I made her and my sister rub my back for like an hr. Finally my mom started jotting down the times when it started to really hurt. She kept saying "its my motherly instinct... i just KNOW your in labor... trust me on this one" i kept sayin no no im not i just have to poop. She made me go to the hospital. We tried to call my hubby for half an hour but he had no service so finally he got the vm and rushed home with our good friend. When they came to the hospital i was dialated to 6 and she put me in the whirl pool Once i started to dialate more i got back on the bed and my mom rubbed my feet until i got an epidural. SHE IS MY HERO!! (my mom that is) I kept telling the nurse that i had to poop, she said no no its just your contractions. finally i said MOM AM I POOPING? lol she laughed and said eww yes you are! I couldn't feel it because of the epidural. It was 1pm when i was admitted and 6:52pm when i had Madison Faye! 8lbs 20 inches long!!!
Carissa11906
by on Jun. 25, 2007 at 5:06 PM
well, I went into labor nov 8th at 6:30Am and didn't give birth until 1:23PM on Nov 9th..it was a long 30 hour labor. I went in to the hospital around 6:30PM on the 8th because I couldn't take the pain anymore and had been in my doctors office getting checked ever 3 hours. When I got to the hospital, I was give some pain medicine that made me really giddy, and then that wore off and i wanted my epidural lol.. I got an epidural when I was 5 centimeters dialated, and waited and waited and waited.... i went through the night without progressing and being stuck at a 5, so my doctor came in in the morning and broke my water. I then began to progress and after 5 more hours, i was finally dialated to a 10... So they prepped the table and put my legs up and then realized that i had went back down to a 9 so they stretched my hoo hoo open to a 10 with a few pushes. I pushed for about an hour and my daughter wouldn't come out and i was exhausted so i asked if they would try using the vaccuum, and my doctor said "nope, you're doing this on you're own" he said that because he could see her head. The nurse was making me feel my daughters head with her tons of hair, as well as my mom and hubby playing with her hair before she even came out. after another 20 minutes of pushing, my beautiful daughter was finally out. i didn't get to hold her for a few hours because she had the umbilical cord wrapped around her neck and had to be given oxygen and be monitored on the table. She didn't cry until they gave her her bath, which was a few hours after birth and after she was stable and i was able to hold her. I only had to have 2 stitches (one needed and one for reinforcement).... I got hemmerhoids which really hurt, but other than that, no major pain down there..... My beautiful Jaelyn Kimberlie was born at 1:23PM on November 9th 2006 and weighed 7 pounds 5 ounces and was 19 3/4inches long....I had a tough recovery because my body didn't heal from where the placenta was detatched and i bled and bled and bled and had to go on medicine and also take 2 birth control tablets a day to try and get my body to shed the lining of my uterus and grow a new one over the wound to heal it. thats about it.... lol
heather_84
by on Jun. 25, 2007 at 5:12 PM
 I was 2 days past my due date and scheduled to be induced. My husband and I went to the hospital and when you get induced they put like a jelly on your cervix to open it. The nurse hooked me up to a monitor and said I was in labor!!! She checked my cervix then 3cm and put the jelly on it. In an hour she checked it again it was 4cm and I was having very regular contractions. I had no clue I was even in labor and she told me that it would not be wise to do anything else other than get me into a delivery room. I got an epidural.... before I could feel any pain I figured it would be easier that way! I progressed very slowly from there on out. When I began to push the doctor had to use a vacuum to help get my son's head out, it was stuck behind my pelvis. Overall from the time I got to the hospital I was in labor for 24 hours and I pushed for 2 1/2 hours of that time.
scaredmom18
by on Jun. 25, 2007 at 5:21 PM

Quoting ccombs:

Jan 31st 2003 My hubby his best friend and I went cosmic bowling... I was just stuffin my face with twizzlers and occasionally throwing the ball. Well the next morning we woke up and Hubby was going to take me to my mom so he could take his friend back to oklahoma which is about an hr away. I kept telling them to carry me to the car because my back was hurting sooo bad. They were calling me a baby and telling me to walk LOL! Well i get to my mom's and am in so much pain... just back pain. I made her and my sister rub my back for like an hr. Finally my mom started jotting down the times when it started to really hurt. She kept saying "its my motherly instinct... i just KNOW your in labor... trust me on this one" i kept sayin no no im not i just have to poop. She made me go to the hospital. We tried to call my hubby for half an hour but he had no service so finally he got the vm and rushed home with our good friend. When they came to the hospital i was dialated to 6 and she put me in the whirl pool Once i started to dialate more i got back on the bed and my mom rubbed my feet until i got an epidural. SHE IS MY HERO!! (my mom that is) I kept telling the nurse that i had to poop, she said no no its just your contractions. finally i said MOM AM I POOPING? lol she laughed and said eww yes you are! I couldn't feel it because of the epidural. It was 1pm when i was admitted and 6:52pm when i had Madison Faye! 8lbs 20 inches long!!!
oh my gosh when i read the end of your story i pretty much laghed my ass off thank you for sharing that with us

scaredmom18
by on Jun. 25, 2007 at 5:22 PM

Quoting kadums86:

Well  I had a c-section but I will let you know about that cuz you never know... ok well you cant eat for 8 hours before you go under.  They will get you all situated get your gown on and your little hat and they wheel you into the O.R waiting room.  you sit there and ask any questions you can think of and ask trust me and they give you a drink to settle your stomach!!!!!!!!!! then they take you to the O.R. and BEWARE it is the most white room I have ever seen (this is the part that freaked me out) they sit you on the bed and have you lean over your belly and they give you the epidural. then they lay you down and strap you down like they are going to crusify you!!!!! (hahaha) then they open you up and you WILL FEEL TUGGING though it is not painful.  I got really sick from the cocktail and threw up everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but it was really not bad at all.  just be ready and dont be afraid.  oh ya and you will hear them counting all of the tools to make sure that nothing is left (that part freaked me out too!!!!!!!!)  but i really would  not change anything.
why did you have to have a c-section

iluvmikey07
by on Jun. 25, 2007 at 5:25 PM
what is statal? how is that different from an epideral?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)