Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ok well i love hearing about labor stories.  Starting with when you felt your first contraction to going to the hospital to getting the drugs and what it felt like and how it all happened.  I also just want to be ready for when i have this child so i know what to expect even though my storie will be different then all of yours.  But i just loving hearing about them so write about your labor storie and when mine comes i will post it in a journal im 37 weeks so its coming soon.
by on Jun. 25, 2007 at 4:45 PM
Replies (51-56):
by on Jun. 26, 2007 at 7:47 PM

Quoting Desserea:

Well since the C-section was pretty much already explained i wil tell you my story without all those details.

I went through a 28 hours of labor, and than it was around 3:00 in the afternoon on a Tuesday about 3 weeks ago. And i was 10 cm's and they realized that the epidural they had given me ruptured in my back was leaking down my back and not helping with pain at all, and than they also realized let me remind you at 10 cm's that my son was stuck in my pelvic so they decided to do an emergency c-section and because of the whole epidural situation they decided when we got into the all white freezing cold room with the million dr's and nurses in full uniform hats booties everything staring at you, like your an alien, that they were going to do a spinal tap and i guess because i am so short four eleven to be exact the spinal tap went straight to my lungs and i stopped breathing so they put me to sleep and than i woke up thinking i was in heaven and i asked the dr. if i could touch my son and i soon as i touched him i realized that i was alive and started crying.

Thats my horrific labor story.
wow im sorry but that does sound like a horror story

by on Jun. 26, 2007 at 7:57 PM

Quoting stephchase:

i went in for my 35 week check-up and i did the whole pee in a cup thing and got my blood pressure checked. The docor  came in and said they were concerned about me and the baby because the protien had been high like the last 2 times i had a check-up. My blood pressure was actually low at the time. (110/70) They told me to go to the hospital and they would have me use the "hat" that fits in the toliet for 24 hours and then decide what to do after that. I left the office and went straight to the hospital 5 miles away. By the time i got there i was feeling sick, and i just thought i was nervous because it was my first hospital stay ever! They checked my blood pressure and the nurse thought her cuff was broken because it said it was like 130/100. So she changed the cuff and checked it again and within minutes it said 150/120. (I dont know ANYTHING about BP, but i know thats dangerously high)... So then the nurse went to draw blood and it shot across the room and soaked my mom and myself and the nurse. They pulled my mom out in the hall and told her not to tell me because i was sick, but i was starting to have seizures... and that i would have the baby within 24 hours. As far as i knew i was just in for ovservation. They didnt want to tell me because if i got upset or overstimulated i could get even worse. They also told my mom that if i didnt have the baby by the weekend (2 days away) that the baby would probaby die and delivering or having surgery to get her out could result in my death. anyways.. i was immediatly taken to a room and i had to change into a gown. They put a cathider in to monitor how much i was urinating and because they put an IV in my hand that had magnesium. Magnesium makes you feel like a bowl of jelly, i couldnt even sipe my own face off! So i definately couldnt get up to go to the bathroom! i got checked into my room at like 5 p.m.... i just layed in my bed until 6 a.m. when they gave me petocin to start labor.... after a while of that they cheked on me and said the baby had a sudden drop in her heartrate and they had to do an emergency C-Section. i was NEVER in labor!!! But all the hell i went though sure made up for it! and Sophie was born at 9:05 a.m. The placenta was about 1/6 the size it SHOULD have been and the umbilical cord was also. The doctor said that she stopped getting ANY nourishment from me 2 months before she was born and that it was a miracle she even made it as far as she did!! That was the story of my daughters birth.
i must say that is the most amazing labor story i have ever heard or birth story might i say.  Well at least she is still alive and shes your little miracle.

by on Jun. 26, 2007 at 8:19 PM

Quoting chiakgyrl03:

My first son I had was an interesting delivery for me. I went into labor with him on the day he was due, we thought it was going to happen in the morning cause i started having strong contractions, went to the hospital and they monitered them, they sent me home and said anytime now jsut watch the contractions and come back if they get worse. Well around 9pm I was in the bathroom and ended up crawling out on all fours and could barely move they were way stronger than before. My mom rushed me to the birth care center and there i stayed this time. I thought I would be able to do it with no drugs... man was I wrong! At 4 cent. I was crying like a little baby about how much they hurt.. So they gave me an epi. Well that helped alot, but my face started to go really numb and then my babies heart rate dropped and so did my blood pressure, i guess i almost passed out cause all i remember is them waving somthing in front of my face to wake me up and wheeling me to the OR, where again i was crying like a baby but this time for my mom. I was so scared! but they ended up not delivering by c-section cause his heart rate came back up. I went back to my room where i was dosed up with a very very good dose of epi, and could not feel anything or even my arms (the c-section does) well had to wait 4 hours for the doc to get out of emergency c-sections and by that time my son was coming they had to rush around and find the doc cause his head was visible, they had me pushing and i couldnt even feel that i was.

My second child was enduced cause my husband was in training and i wanted him there for this birth (which did not happen) i got enduced at 7 am on the day he was due and it started working really fast for me. by 10 am i was 3 cent dialated and told them i really needed an epi soon, they didnt believe me so they had me sit in the bathtub jets which helped for about 10 min, this was at about 1030. Well I asked again for the epi and they said it was not approved yet and that i would have to wait. At 11 i was 4 cent dialated. And it started to hurt really bad and was very very intense. 1130 and still no word about my epi. 12 pm and i was dialated to 8 (ok not used to the pain and was crying and crying and crying)about 1220 they finally said it was ok to get the epi, by the time that doc came in i was 10 cent dialated and ready to push (dont worry no pain soo right???) 1225 they are trying to get me to lay on my side and calm down and arch my back (literally impossible with contractions soooo strong). 1230 they still ahve not gotten it in but by 1235 they did. but man i was creamin at them by then about how bad it hurt and i couldnt do it without the drugs lol. 1242 and its time to push thank god it started to take affect barely. and the amniotic sac had not broken and this is rare but it was sticking out of me and they were callin all doctors and nurses to see this rare thing then they finally broke it (EWWW) and like 3 pushes and he was born. after everyone had to stare down (how uncomfortable)
what was the such a rare thing i didnt understand.

by on Jun. 26, 2007 at 8:32 PM
the amnoitic sac hanging out ahead of my sons head. it had not broke but  was ready to push and it was the first thing out,,,
by on Jun. 26, 2007 at 8:33 PM
ok i get it now that is kinda weird is it bad for it to do that.
by on Jun. 26, 2007 at 9:24 PM
no its not its jsut rare cause normally it is broken inside if the docs have to or it breaks on its own. mine didnt want to break on its own so they did it while it was hanging out.. lol.. they asked me if i wanted to soo and i said no.. I thought it was his head cause i could sort of feel something down there wasnt expecting what they said was
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN