Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Crib sleep help

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2007 at 8:35 PM
  • 7 Replies
Gavin sleeps with us every night. We can't get him to sleep in his crib for than 20 minutes. He use to sleep the whole night in his cradle when we first brought him home and he had jaundice, so we had him wrapped up in lights , but after that he didn't and he would only sleep through in our bed.  Now we wanna get him in his crib, but no luck. Any ideas please?

by on Jun. 26, 2007 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
hornz102485
by on Jun. 26, 2007 at 8:36 PM
honestly since you got him used to that the only thing you can do is to let him cry it out. i went throught the same thing with my neice when i gained custoday of her. she was used to being held all night. just let him cry. or if he is small try a bassinet he might like the smaller space. good luck.
angel_bree
by on Jun. 26, 2007 at 8:39 PM
hey,
my daughter does the same thing... she wont sleep for a long period of time without me... after she eats and sleeping really hard i put her in her bassinet and she will sleep for about 2 hours.. but shes a mommies girl and doesnt like not being around me.. so idk how to help... but yur not alone
lovealwayzashes
by on Jun. 26, 2007 at 8:55 PM
a lot of babies have problems with sleeping in there own crib; but you've got to break them from sleeping with you all the time or when they get older they never get out of your bed.  i have friends that have this problem and there oldest is 3 now. good luck
chiakgyrl03
by on Jun. 26, 2007 at 9:00 PM
I broke my two year old of sleepin with me when he was about 9 months old i would just put him in his crib and let him cry and scream until he finally went to bed. it took about two weeks of jsut puttin him in his crib and closing the door beofre he was done sleepin with me. but he sometimes sleeps with us when he is really sick thats about it
Garsmommy1205
by on Jun. 26, 2007 at 11:00 PM
I was really lucky, It seems Garrick would much rather sleep in his own room, in his own crib than with us or even in our room. His dad snores, and moves around a lot in his sleep, so i think it is more peaceful for him to sleep in his own room He sleeps better

lelandsmommy06
by on Jun. 26, 2007 at 11:06 PM
awww my lil guy  had to wear the light  we called him are little glow worm  he is 9 months annd still sleeps with us is a mini arm reach co sleeper :) i will probably keep him in with us till hes  done breastfeeding and oout of the sids stages :)
amor73082
by on Jun. 26, 2007 at 11:42 PM
Hi I had the same drama with my daughter when she was 8 months. She will not go to sleep on her own. My mom told me to take a shirt with my scent & put it under her in the crib. After that she will stay sleepy. And now that she is 11 months I give her a bath & give her a bottle. Now she falls asleep on her own. So try just try it see how it wroks for you. Good luck
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)