Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

This Is Really Important

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2007 at 10:47 PM
  • 3 Replies
My bf and father of my unborn child has a daughter with his ex. He has not gotten to see her since Christmas and only gotten to talk to her twice. Beleive it or no that is not the worst part. Her mother is a drug addict. This is not just an assumtion, she was a proud previous user and ever since her and her bother got back together(the father of her second child, yes I'm serious) she has started using agian and heavily. We have her family calling and telling us and here recently people have been coming out of the wood work, people we dont even know telling us they saw them using ICE, CRACK, COKE etc. Letting the kids run around with and play with the Pipes. They have repeatedly threatened us and her brother/boyfriend has even gone to jail for aggervated assualt with a deadly weapon agianst us. (He Got out quickly) Yet CPS has done NOTHING and now when we call sometimes we just sit on hold for I think the longest time I just sat there was 2 hours. Plus on top of all that neither one of them have a job, or stable house for these kids to live in. I love JaiLeigh, my bfs daughter as if she was mine and we want so badly to just take them to court and give JaiLeigh the life she deserves, but we don't have the money for a Lawyer. The cheapest we found is 1400 up front and more later. What should we do any advice?
by on Jun. 26, 2007 at 10:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MomOf2LilGirls
by on Jun. 26, 2007 at 10:51 PM
All I would say is CPS but if they aren't doing anything I don't know what to say.  Try calling your local police department and ask them if they can give you any advise or if they can go over and make an unannouced visit because you are worried about the kids and maybe they well find something and they well force CPS to do something.  Sorry I know I am probably not much help but that is what I would do.  Good luck and let me know what happens.
erin6704
by on Jun. 26, 2007 at 10:56 PM
you need to keep calling on them. also this may sound kind of sneeky but its worth it. One night when you are sure they might be using. you could keep calling the police complaining about noise over there (and you dont have to tell them who you are) and maybe they will see something that doesnt look right and they will bust them. I think all you need is for them to go over there one t ime and sone one will see a prob. But def keep calling. And also I dont know if you know this but if your bf was awarded visitation to see his daughter and she does not follow the court order you can take her to court right away. you could just use some one they will give you for free and as soon as she shows up for court ask the judge to ake her take a drug test. thats what they were going to do to my ex when we went to court but they didnt even bother because I ended up getting full custody. good luck with everything.
LILBABYMEGS2000
by on Jun. 26, 2007 at 11:03 PM
I would tip off the police!!!! Maybe they can bust mom and daughter will be handed over to dad. Have you tried to find one of those indigent lawyers? Call around and try to find one who will take payments, some lawyers will do that. I've been thru hell since April 06' to May 07' dealing with lawyers. We spent over $13,000 and we got a final invoice 2 days ago for $1,158. Plus we have some new issues that came up today requiring my attorney to do more work, so now that will be another $1,000 or more. It's just crazy!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)