Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Baby fever.... already!

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 1:31 AM
  • 13 Replies
My son is 14 months old and I already have baby fever. I'm ready for a little girl. I want to dress her up and all that fun stuff mommy's enjoy doing with their girls. But at the same time, I'm enjoying my son and I want to have more time with him as the only child, and I think another baby right now would be pretty stressful at times. My husband and I are planning on getting off birth control in a year or so to start trying for a baby, but I'm having a hard time waiting.

When did you get baby fever? How close in age are your kids and is it hard when they're less than 3 years apart?
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 1:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashy0921
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 1:33 AM
My 1st two babies are 15 months apart.  My 2nd and 3rd baby are 25 months old... LOL I have my hands full with a 3 y/o, 2 y/o and 4 month old
Carissa11906
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 1:34 AM
I got baby fever when Jaelyn was about 4 months old. I am pregnant right now with our second, and after having this baby, my children will be about 15 1/2 months apart! :)
Patience1
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 1:34 AM
i had it when my boy was 12 months hes almost 2 and no kids sadly but its not the right time
gmansmomma
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 1:35 AM
honey, i got baby fever before my child was 6 months lol. i know it would be really stressful but every time i take a test and it comes back negative i get sad. i think it's perfectly normal when you love someone so much that you would want more of that. also you get to raise a little boy and only wander what it's like to raise a little girl. i want to cherish my little boy but i also want him to have a little sister or brother to play with. it's just a complicated situation.
Lindseyluu
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 1:38 AM
 I thought I was pregnant up until about 5 days ago when I took a test and it was negative. I balled my eyes out. I'm still holding onto the hope that maybe it was wrong, but I'm probably just being silly.
JohnChellesmom
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 1:42 AM
my kids are 17 months apart. some days I think thats waaaaaaaaay to close hehe, but I love ow close they are and how they play together is amazing!!
Carissa11906
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 1:42 AM

Quoting Lindseyluu:

I thought I was pregnant up until about 5 days ago when I took a test and it was negative. I balled my eyes out. I'm still holding onto the hope that maybe it was wrong, but I'm probably just being silly.

Maybe the test was taken too early, and you just need to take another one! I hope you get what you want out of this. I took 3 tests 3 different months, because I had late late periods, and then finally the 4th test on the 4th month came back positive (I raced to the doc office to confirm with a blood test LOL)! it'll happen when the time is right!
Mommy2Jordan
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 1:43 AM
I had baby fever like the first week after mine was born....lol.
skylersmom44
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 1:46 AM
I had baby fever when my son was about 9 months old but realized that was way too close for me. So then I started getting baby fever again when he was about 15 months old. We are going to start trying in a couple months.
JaYBirDi3
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 1:47 AM
i have baby fever bad!!!! but im going to cletch my fist and wait... i come to realize that my son is still 5months and want to give all the attention i can give him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)