Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Baby fever.... already!

Posted by   + Show Post
My son is 14 months old and I already have baby fever. I'm ready for a little girl. I want to dress her up and all that fun stuff mommy's enjoy doing with their girls. But at the same time, I'm enjoying my son and I want to have more time with him as the only child, and I think another baby right now would be pretty stressful at times. My husband and I are planning on getting off birth control in a year or so to start trying for a baby, but I'm having a hard time waiting.

When did you get baby fever? How close in age are your kids and is it hard when they're less than 3 years apart?
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 1:31 AM
Replies (11-13):
calie6
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 2:48 AM
I didnt really get baby fever, maybe because i was only 18 and got married (as well as got myself 3 step kids) and had a baby all in a matter of days.  My son will be 3 this August and will be starting preschool (more like a playgroup sometimes) and my twin girls arrived just over 3 weeks ago.  He is adjusting very well, he has some days when he has a bit of an attitude but those are the days when I try to take even more time out of my already crazy day to do more of the things he wants to do.  I dont think I have played cops and robbers or trucks more in my life than i have in the last month, LOL
ttkbrent
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 2:52 AM
I had got baby fever when my daugher was like 15 months old....then i got it again a few months ago. But i think its only when im missing my husband alot. He is gone right now. So i dont think i will get it when he gets back but we will see.
Cait5156
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 2:56 AM

Hahah I swear you just asked the wuestion I was about to. Our son is 13 months old and I have a birth control pill prescription for the next 11 months and we were planning on trying after it was up, but I want to start now! I know it will be stressfull and hard at times and we'd be better off waiting but UHHH I want to soo bad, I think Im subconciously forgetting to take my pill.  I am only 18 but my whole life i have been very mature and forget my age all the time, my husband is 21 and we get enough crap as it is being parents this young but i really want another baby, that and because of our age we dont have many friends with children and i really want my son to have a friend ya know. Don't know what we'll do. But I WANT to start trying, especially when i think it will take months to actually get pregnant once we start trying. I dont want to wait either :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)