Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Please & Thank You

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 9:54 AM
  • 1 Replies
Well I am 18 years old and just had my daughter in April.  Her father & I are not together.  He is too self-centered.  We would always argue about money which I am ending tomorrow morning in court.  I am finally taking him to court for child support, one less thing we have to argue about.  He thinks that just because he has a job and makes money that its the only thing he has to do.  Which its not, he needs to also be there for Cecilia.  She needs him as a father emotionally & physically, not just financially.  Well anyways the point of this post is for myself and every other young mother out there to vent about how hard it is to find a decent man.  I want a man who will love my daughter as his own.  Also, someone who has respect for woman and their elders.  Someone I can always laugh with and love.  Someone who loves the whole me, not just bits & pieces.  But with me being so young, no boy in my age range wants anything to do with a child.  Its so hard & frustrating.  I just want to find someone Cecilia & I can settle down with.  I start college this fall and would like a place of my own but dont make enough money to afford one.  If I could find a guy, I'm sure we together could afford a place of our own.  I recieve financial help from the state for Cecilia so its not like I would make him pay for anything of hers.  Uggh .. its just sooo frustrating.  Everyone says you dont need a man in your life .. but really, its soo lonely without that significant other.  Let me know what you think, how you solve(d) this, what you think I should do, any type of advice would be thoughtful.

by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
SophieandGaven
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 10:01 AM
Don't Give Up HOn!!!! I found a guy my 2 years younger than me (21) who loves my son just ike his own and cares about me, Gaven and my whole family!!!  It may just take some time!  And, yes, I dated older men for a while too, and found that they tend to be supportive in areas that MOST younger guys our age wouldn't even begin to understand.  Hang in there, and live you're life to the fullest.  Do things you enjoy and don't worry, things will happen when their suppose to.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)