Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

getting shots

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 11:14 AM
  • 3 Replies
my daughter will be getting her 2 month old shots tomorrow afternoon at the doctors. I was wondering if there are any tips you ladies have, like pain relievers, or what you did to comfort your kids? i dont like shots at all and i know ill be uneasy seeing my little baby get hers. i'm scared :-(
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 11:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mommy2natalie
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 11:17 AM
don't look!!!
I stand in the corner while they give her her shots and after like the 5 seconds it takes she screams, they hand her to me and I rock her and give her a pacifier and she normally calms right down....I just can't look I feel like I'm watching somebody stab my baby, lol which ultimately is what it is, but its for the best so hang in there its not going to be a big deal just hold her tight when shes done!!!
AlyssazMommy
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 11:32 AM
Let someone else hold her.
Give her tylenol about 30 minutes before going in and then again after she's had the shots.After going home she'll be fussy and will probablly sleep for awhile.Once she's awake you can try massaging her legs where she got the shots(my doctor suggested it) my daughter always enjoyed it and it seemed to calm her down.

But im a sissy I still cry everytime she gets shots ..
ryleemaysmommy
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 11:54 AM
I cried when I went to that appointment.  It sux.  They're gonna cry so all you can do is give her a little tylenol and then comfort her.  Good luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)