Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So i feel dumb for asking. . . .

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 2:42 PM
  • 6 Replies
i took a class called allied health it's for health occupations because that's what i was going to do as a career and still hope to one day. but on the day we talked about it i don't know if i was in lah-lah land or what but i missed it.
I am really hoping to have a boy i am 15 weeks now and i don't understand circumsizing or any of that, i mean i know why they do it but what exactly do they do and doesn't it hurt the baby alot and how do i take care of it when we go home and the same goes for the bellybutton when they first come home what do you do?  
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
squirts_mom
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 2:47 PM
With my sons circumsision, he only hurt the first day and it was only when his diaper needed to be changed.  To take care of it, they gave me vaseline soaked guaze to wrap around it to keep it from sticking to the diaper.  For cleanin all you do is push back the foreskin and wipe it with a warm damp wash rag.  They will explain it more when they actually do the circumsicion.  The belly bord is just a  matter of wiping it really good with an alcohol pad.  I was told if it hurts baby then it is infected.
TXmommy4Baylee
I dunno ANYTHING bout circumscision but the belly button is easy.

just take a cotton swab and rub it down with rubbing alcohol make sure you get it down in there but it's really not as scary as you'd think....after you do it a time or two
SaraAndDelisia
with a circumcision is when they remove the foreskin from the penis and yes it does hurt him you can request a local anesthitic for that in most places just make sure you tell them b4 they do it and im not sure about the cleaning they will give you instructions b4 you leave the hospital with the belly button just use a q-tip and clean it off some say soap and water some say alcohol just listen to the nurse or doctor who discharges you they will tell you everything step by step
AustinsMommee
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 3:04 PM
My son wasn't circumsized.  I didn't want to put him through the pain even though he wouldn't remember it anyway.  My husband isn't circumsized either and that's the main reason our son isn't.  it's not hard to take care of either way.  w/ a circumcision, my friend told me she used vaseline and cause pads but she had no problems with it.  For an uncircumsized, you don't really need to do anything until they start using the potty.  My son's 1 and we've had no problems.  As for the belly button, use a qtip w/ some alcohol a few times a day.
Angie1120
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 3:12 PM

I dont know too much about circumsision, but my brother is 21 now and not circumsized. My mom said it hurts the baby and no reason to. I know he hates not being, and wants to get himself circumsized now(which is a lot more painful than if he was when he was a baby) Something for you to consider.

Cass052005
by on Jun. 27, 2007 at 4:02 PM
I had my son circumcized and they did it the day we were ready to leave the hospital.  They remove the foreskin, and they applied a topical ointment to numb it first.  It bother him for the first day or so then he didnt even notice it.  To care for it they give you ointment and guaze that you put on it when you change his diaper.  I think we did that for a week or so but I dont remember for sure.  Then they check it at his checkup to make sure it heals right.

Funny story about it.  My mom came home from the hospital with me and my husband to help us get settled in with the baby.  He needed changed and it was the first time I had tried to change him since he had it done.  I took his diaper off and it was hurting really bad and he was screaming and the cold air hit it and he started peeing and I didnt want to try to cover it up because I was afraid it would hurt him worse so he peed all over me and the living room!!  Then I started crying because I was so tired and felt so bad for him so my mom had to finish changing him while I cried in my husbands lap!  Thankfully the next diaper change went much better!

~Cassie-Mommy to Connor (8/7/06)~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)