Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need some answers

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2007 at 12:57 PM
  • 11 Replies
First, a question about my friend's son. My friend has a 6 month old. He started crawling about 3-4 months old and he is now walking ON HIS OWN!! She is worried that he is doing things to early but doesn't know if she should encourage it or not. What do you think??

Also, my son is 3 months old. He started sleeping with me right when he came home because our room wasn't ready and there was no room for a crib in my room. Now I can't get him to sleep anywhere but in my bed. He will sleep in there all by himself and all night long when I'm not even here. I'm kinda worried he might wake up and roll off now because he just recently began to roll. Any suggestions on why he may like my bed more than anyting else, even with me not in there. Or any suggestions on how to get him to sleep anywhere else?? Let me know. Thanks
by on Jun. 29, 2007 at 12:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kittyd.
by on Jun. 29, 2007 at 12:59 PM
ok if your baby started doing something he is ready. she doesn't have to worry about that.

with your whole situation i think your going to HAVE To make him get use to where ever else you want him to sleep.
scrapbookinmama
by on Jun. 29, 2007 at 1:02 PM
As far as your friends baby.... some kids walk earlier than others if shes worried about it I would tell her to talk to her ped. about it......

As for your lil one... try putting a blanket or something from your bed in thier crib or sleep with the crib sheet in your bed for a couple days and then put it in the crib. That way the crib will smell like your bed - if that doesn't work try letting him fall asleep in your bed and then move him to his crib so he gets used to waking up in there.

Hope it helps :)

young_lv_mom
by on Jun. 29, 2007 at 1:03 PM
My mo thought something was wrong with me b/c my brother did every thing at an early age lol, but then again he was very smart by that I mean he skiped 6 months of his 8th gread year and still passed with a 3.5 GPA

As for your baby, you could try putting your sheets that he sleeps on in his crib, he might just want the smell he is use to. if he is use to pillows then put one with him, lil things like that. or when he falls asleep move him.

Good luck

missdollie5683
by on Jun. 29, 2007 at 1:03 PM
I remember my oldest son started to walk at 8  months and this lil old lady told me i was pregnant again so tell your friend to go get a pregnancy test!!!! And your bed is what he was used to from birth!! I would put pillows down on the floor though thats what i used to do if we went to visit somewhere and they didn't have a crib
shell1788
by on Jun. 29, 2007 at 1:10 PM
ur friends baby is fine. they wak and crawl and they are ready.

fir u. start doing ur childs naps in his crib. that might help and then when u see he is getting use 2 his crib. he should sleep there all the time. good luck
AlyssazMommy
by on Jun. 29, 2007 at 1:19 PM
Your friends son is fine my daughter was crawling at four months and now she's almost 8 months and is almost walking. She should encourage it..it's a good thing :) My friend her son is almost 8 months and doeant do anything he just learned to sit up.

Your bed is probablly the most comfortable thing..but you've just got to make him lay where you want him to he may cry but he'll get used to it.
Cait5156
by on Jun. 29, 2007 at 1:22 PM
Your friends baby is just fine, just early. My son is 13 months and refuses to walk on his own. SO to each their own I guess.
I had the same problem with co-sleeping. When I was in the hospital the nurse let him sleep in my bed with me and it was so perfect and that's just how things were for awhile. Then we realized we had no sex life because of it and wanted him out of our bed and into his crib. The only thing was he wouldn't have it! He hated his crib, because he'd never slept in it. That and our matress was bigger and softer for him. But We pulled it inot our bedroom and let him get overly tired before we put him down for his naps so he was already asleep when we layed him down and he'd wake up in the crib. We did that for like a week and slowly started putting him in the crib at night, he hated it at first and woke up a lot. But we didn't get up and pull him back in bed, we made another bottle and put him back to sleep. Then when he finally got used to sleeping in his crib we moved it back into the nursery. And now he wont sleep with me, I try to take naps with him sometimes in my bed because I miss it, but he wont sleep hell get angry with me too. But at least now we got our bed back ; )  Good luck!
punkrawkd0rk
by on Jun. 29, 2007 at 1:26 PM
my second child started walking at 9 months and my 3rd child was running at 7 months, it really just depends on the kid.  My daughter did the same thing your son is doing, she was my first and I felt more comfortable with her sleeping with me and she only wanted to sleep in my bed.  We eventually made her sleep in her crib but she is 4 and still comes into our bed everynight in the middle of the night. :( lol so i would do something while your sons young lol.  Maybe you could put one of those bedrails on your bed? the mesh ones you can buy>? or try just putting the crib beside your bed and sleep that way or atleast try to ;)
Alicia144
by on Jun. 29, 2007 at 1:37 PM
I say def incourage the walking early. he knows what he is supposed to do maybe he is just a fast learner!
your baby might just feel more secure in your bed. it probably has your scent on it and thats what makes a baby feel comfortable plus he is used to it! try putting him on a mattress or crib next to your bed so he is still with you and then eventually move him to his own room! with my daughter we gave her a stuffed puppy (she was 6 months old though) and she still sleeps with it now! also you could start by having him sleep in a crib for naps and move on from there! good luck!!:) hope i helped some!
PinkyBoicourt
by on Jun. 29, 2007 at 1:49 PM
If your friend is worried about how her son is developing, have her talk to his pediatrician.

they reason he likes your bed is because it has your smell on it. Take something that has your smell and put it into his bed with him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)