Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms
do you let how you feel about your MIL affect how/when she sees your child?

my friend said she could never keep her son from his gma no matter how she felt about her....call me a bitch but i have NO problem not letting her see my baby, ONLY when i am there will she be around my child. , not letting her in the delivery room, and not inviting her to the shower. thats just me though.

by on Jun. 29, 2007 at 1:16 PM
Replies (21-24):
jess0930
by on Jun. 30, 2007 at 2:43 PM
i love my MIL. she helps us a lot. i didn't want her in the delivery room though. the only people that were going to be in there were my DH and my uncle. i was gonna let my uncle because he had just become a LPN and wanted to see the delivery. who cares at that point right?! lol. anyways i had to have  a csection so noone was in there but dr's nurses and my DH. with the second it will be the same. a csect so just the DH. but my MIL is comming and will be at the hosp. we live in TX and all our fam is in al and my mom is in fl soooo,
Lilysmommy1120
by on Jun. 30, 2007 at 2:45 PM
My mil and Sil wanted to be in the delivery room with me.. My mom i think wanted to but understood i only wanted my husband.. my mil threw a fit and got mad bc i changed nurses during my stay.. the first nurse wouldnt tell me or my husband anything shed go to my mil and tell her everything.. so if i wanted to know what was going on i had to ask her.. this nurse also yelled at me bc i was in so much pain and i know im not the only person to have a baby but that was my first time i had been in the darn bed for over 24 hours already and i was in so much pain that i was crying and the nurse had the nerve to look at me and say " you know your not the only woman give birth so suck it and quit your crying" my mom saw how upset i was and asked for a new nurse wjho wouldnt tell my mil anything.. she told her if she wanted to know something ask me... that nurse rocked she was very personal....when i gave birth to my daughter i lost so much blood and passed out... and no one on his side could care less how i was and his mom kept asking him how the baby was and he looked at her and said until my wifes okay you dont need to know how the baby is.  and then can you imagin when the nurse told her i had a special request that no one hold lily except my husband until i did... i didnt hold her untill she was about 12 hours old:(

so i have issues with my mil....lol...
wechee
by on Jul. 1, 2007 at 5:07 AM
the day i gave birth i wanted to take a shower and there she was sitting on my bed looking at my body. i was so fucking mad! when i got up to go to the bathroom she stared at my ass,i could see her in the mirror looking at my ass. i wanted a little privacy for fuck sakes! i had an hospital gown on.
Alicia144
by on Jul. 1, 2007 at 11:41 PM
yeah i was just like i think it would be easier if its just me and nate. See when im in pain i dont like people around i just like to deal with it you know. i didnt want to be mean but she respected my wishes and there were no hard feelings.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN