Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

would you?

Posted by on Jun. 29, 2007 at 1:16 PM
  • 24 Replies
do you let how you feel about your MIL affect how/when she sees your child?

my friend said she could never keep her son from his gma no matter how she felt about her....call me a bitch but i have NO problem not letting her see my baby, ONLY when i am there will she be around my child. , not letting her in the delivery room, and not inviting her to the shower. thats just me though.

by on Jun. 29, 2007 at 1:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Garsmommy1205
by on Jun. 29, 2007 at 1:22 PM
My boyfriends mother sees my son just about everyday. She watches him for us while we work.

Leahk
by on Jun. 29, 2007 at 1:23 PM

my g-ma didn't find out I was preggo until 8 months! She wanted to be here when I had dd but I didn't know how I would take it so I said no, She called while I was in labor and my dh told ehr to come, she drove 4 hours to see us, she did miss the dilivery I gave birth at 12:30AM and she got in about 3AM I was totally pooped and she came by the next morning! It was really sweet and she is really happy for us! She raised me and my sister, so it means more to her than her other g-kids. But It was okay. I still love her from a distance and will call her occasionally. but it's okay, I would never let her hold her with out either me or dh there and she'll never watch my baby, though she lives in another state so it's really not an option, but I do love her from a distance!

I think it's personal dicision and you have the right to that.

missdollie5683
by on Jun. 29, 2007 at 1:23 PM
I felt the same way but time tends to change people....
abbydiefenbach
by on Jun. 29, 2007 at 1:24 PM
My mother in law and I get along good and she watches our son for us whenever we need her too.

Rikki2217
by on Jun. 29, 2007 at 1:25 PM
Both of our moms work pretty close to our house. My mom stops by everyday no matter what, most the time she even brings dinner and cooks. His mom NEVER comes over, ever! I will not go out of my way so she can she her grandchild or her son. If she really cared to see either one of them, she would drive her ass over here like my mom does.
riverchick247
by on Jun. 29, 2007 at 1:27 PM
There wasnt anyone in the delivery room except the doctor nurses and his dad. why the heck does your mil need to be in there??!! thats WAY personal!!!
pretttynpink88
by on Jun. 29, 2007 at 1:28 PM

Quoting riverchick247:

There wasnt anyone in the delivery room except the doctor nurses and his dad. why the heck does your mil need to be in there??!! thats WAY personal!!!

she wants to see her first grandbaby being born...yea i dont think so!! im going to have my bf and my mama in there thats it.
lilchikkis
by on Jun. 29, 2007 at 1:31 PM
i live with my MIL and she is great, so yeah lol she sees my son everyday
Alicia144
by on Jun. 29, 2007 at 1:32 PM
I only had my bf in the room also i didnt even want my own mom in ther why would i want his yuck
pretttynpink88
by on Jun. 29, 2007 at 1:33 PM

Quoting Alicia144:

I only had my bf in the room also i didnt even want my own mom in ther why would i want his yuck

did she want to be in there and you just said no?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)