Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms
HOW MANY OF THE WEMON IN THIS GROUP HAVE HAD A C-SECTION.? TELL US ABOUT YOUR C-SECTION. TELL US THE GOOD STUFF AND THE BAD. WE ALL WANT TO KNOW.
by on Jul. 2, 2007 at 11:48 PM
Replies (21-22):
blue-raven
by on Jul. 3, 2007 at 8:55 PM

I had a c-section with my son because he was just too big! I am only 5'3" and my son was 7 lbs 12 oz. I went into labor at 38 weeks, and I was in labor for 15 1/2 hours and I had only dilated to one cm. They were giving me something to speed up my labor but it wasn't working and they wouldn't give me anything for pain because they thought it would slow things down. Finally they told me that I could either have a c-section or wait one more hour to see if I progressed. By that time I was having horrible labor pains and I just wanted to get it over with. I started balling because I was scared, I had never had any type of surgery, but soon after I was so relieved when I knew it was almost over that the contractions started to hurt much less. My husband was in the room for the surgery, and he cut the umbilical cord. The doctor held my son up so I could see him and after they cleaned him up I got to hold him for the first time, but my husband got to hold him first.  It took about 30 minutes to finish the surgery and when I got back to the room everyone was admiring our new little addition. I am now pregnant with our second child and I'll be having a scheduled c-section with this one. My due date is February 21st, so if it's a girl we will probably schedule surgery for Valentine's day! I'm glad I won't have to go through labor this time, but I'm not looking forward to the IV, catheter, or spinal. They all hurt pretty bad.

yazu06
by on Jul. 3, 2007 at 9:05 PM
I had a emergancy c-section. And I remembered that in lamaze class during the c-section part I didn't pay attention cuz well I wasn't going to have a c-section (so naive). But the one thing I did remember was that the teacher said that you don't have to settle for staples and the ugly, bumpy scar that it leaves (no offense).

So after I had Josiah, my wonderful hubby told the doctor that I wanted stitches instead. Thank God he listened in class.

I LOVE MY SCAR!!! it's smooth and beautiful. I love looking at it and touching it. Knowing that the love of my life came from there just warms my heart. I love showing off my scar

I think that the only thing that bothers me is that it itches every now and then and the skin around there is still a little numb and sensative.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)