Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms
HOW MANY OF THE WEMON IN THIS GROUP HAVE HAD A C-SECTION.? TELL US ABOUT YOUR C-SECTION. TELL US THE GOOD STUFF AND THE BAD. WE ALL WANT TO KNOW.
by on Jul. 2, 2007 at 11:48 PM
Replies (11-20):
dt1mom
by on Jul. 3, 2007 at 2:36 AM
I've had a c-section with both of my boy's, and it really was something that i was totally against doing. I wanted so bad for my first child, at least, to be ALL NATURAL. With my first child i had to have one because his heart rate started dropping, and i was soooooooooo pissed that i had to have one. While i was in surgery i felt all the pressure, no pain, of them trying to take the baby out, it was taking my breath away; it felt like i had hands inside of me, or something, just pulling and jerking around all inside of me; but with my second child, it was because my water had broke and nothing was progressing at all; that one was not bad at all, i didn't feel a thing and it seemed like they got done a lot quicker too. I was laying there and ask the doctor if they were going to start soon, and he told me we are almost done give me about two more minutes, i guess they used more or better drugs or something. And as far as my scares neither of them are really that bad, but my first one left the bottom of my stomach numb, and still is; my second one the scare is smaller, lighter, and didn't leave me numb, and it healed a lot quicker too.
With my first one i went and had him at UC Davis and my second child was born at Sutter Memorial (they were a way better hospital, and did a way better job).

N!K! ~>
ilovemy3kids07
by on Jul. 3, 2007 at 2:59 AM
Yes I had 2 of them! My first wasnt so bad. My daughter was breech so thats why I had a c-section. My baby Blaze who is 4 and a half months old was a little more difficult. I had a scheduled c-section and went into the hospital at 6:00am and was supposed to start surgery at 7:30am. Well my doctor was late to start with, then they found a bump on my back right where the epidural was supposed to be injected. So they decided the only thing to do is be put to sleep:( Not only would I not be able to see my son be born, his dad couldn't be in the room. Not something I thought I would experience. My son was born at 8:36am and I didnt get to see him until like around 11:30am, so sad. I was in pain and stressed out. I also coulndt find my boyfriend so that sucked. In the end I finally got to hold my precious baby boy. I was in love!!!! It was all worth it in the end. I LOVE MY BLAZEY BEAR!!!!!
cowgirlsmommy
by on Jul. 3, 2007 at 3:24 PM
I had an emergency c-section because my daughter got stuck on the way out plus her heartbeat kept dropping. They were literally telling me they could see her head when they decided to give me a c-section. She had too much hair so the vacuum wouldn't stick to her head. I was so worn out at that point that I didn't care what they had to do. My doctor is a master of this stuff and after they got me in the operating room she had my daughter out within a few minutes. I started shaking afterwards which scared me but they put really heavy super warm blankets over me and that helped alot. I didn't feel a thing during surgery and they made sure to keep me doped up afterwards. I had to have ice packs and pain killers for both areas because I had basically partially given birth vaginally so I had the pain there plus the c-section pain. Was never too bad though.  My daughter was a week early and came out 9lbs 1.6 oz
elijahmam04
by on Jul. 3, 2007 at 3:33 PM

Quoting sweetie334:

I had to have a c-section when I had my son in October. It wasn't planned, I had been in labor for 10 hours and he just didn't want to come out. So the dr. told me I had to have one. I am horrible when it comes to pain, so I was miserable. When the surgery was happening I was freaking out, so they had to knock me out. But I remeber them holding Nathan up for me to see the 1st time. That is about all I can remeber, but I will never forget that moment.  And a few weeks later it got infected, so I was miserable again. LOL

i also had a csection and it wasn't planned but it wasn't an emergency c-section either. i didnt even get to push though. i had been in labor for like 7 hrs but then my baby went back up in me. i was 9 cm dialated and then i went back to 8 so my dr. said it would probably take another day to push the baby out so i had a c-section. my pelvis is too small to push out a baby so i have to have c-sections w/all my kids. i also am horrible at pain and so they knocked me out too. all i remember is seein my baby and askin if he had hair lol. my bf was shocked that that was all i had to say.
jess0930
by on Jul. 3, 2007 at 3:43 PM
after 28 hrs of labor my bp and tep was high so they finally did a c-sect. put me in a coma and all. i woke up the next day. was sore as hell. 4 days later i had a blood transfusion because i had hemoraged in the or. then 2 weeks after my son was here. i had a hematoma.and had to have my incision opened and cleaned. (just a small spot) and it was open till my son was 6 months. because u have to pack it with gauze and let it heal from the inside out. uck. nasty i know. i will have another in November. just because i dont' want to be so sick.
Dmimama1206
by on Jul. 3, 2007 at 8:12 PM
I had an emgerncy c because my pelvic bones are too narrow after 14hrs of non-medicated labor.(they couldn't find that out before,why? dunno) The c-section was fine but my anesthicaiologist--yah I can't spell the person that gives you the spinal...was a creeper he keeped rubbing my arms and head(I couldn't feel my arms mind you) and saying everything will be over with soon hunny,baby,doll, all the things that a guy in a relationship with--he even kissed my forehead(before my mom was in the room) he was just weird. I was so groggy that I didn't really know what was going on. I know it wasn't appropriate but it was comforting at the moment. lol
bbrittney695
by on Jul. 3, 2007 at 8:22 PM

my son was born by c-section after being induced 2 weeks before my due date due to his size. After pushing for 8 hours they decided his head was stuck and preformed an emergency c-section. My daughter was taken by emergency c-section as well at 35 weeks because I went in to labor and they could not stop it. The hardest part for me was getting up for the first time after. I had no problems and recovered quickly.

Hopesmomma
by on Jul. 3, 2007 at 8:27 PM

I have had 4 sections. First was because of a lazy OB. Also, his heart rate dropped from 160 to 40 with each push...distress...and also CPD. 2nd section was because, as much as I wanted to try for a VBAC, I was so hot and exhausted I just gave up...(bad momma)...last two were just plain ole repeats...each time everything went great...infections in the middle two, stayed a few extra days in the hospital, but other than that they were fine. It's very dissappointing though, I have to say, to not have experience actual child birth. I think it's a hole in my heart I'll always have. My children are wonderful though, and I thank God everyday, no matter how they came, that they are in my life.

Cait5156
by on Jul. 3, 2007 at 8:36 PM
I had to be induced a week early (I fought they wanted to do it 3 weeks early, I didn't) because I had preecclampsia and they didn't want me to get too far in fear it would get worse, it was pretty bad to begin with. Anyways the induction was scheduled for 7 pm so I could sleep during the early stages of labor, they kept postponning untill 9:30 pm. 19 hours later I was in horrible pain (only 2 centimeters at this point) and got an epidural. Which wore off twice, and I was in unbearable pain pressing my nurse call button every ten seconds and an hour went by before I convinced my husband to go to the nurse station to get somone, they came in and politely told me the button I was pressing wasn't working (nice to know)  Wasn't progressing, wasn't progressing... Finally
38 hours into labor
The doctor called to check on how I was doing (3 in the morning) the nurses told her I still wasn't progressing(75% effaced and barely 3 cm dialated), my epidural was wearing off again and the baby's heartrate was going down on each contraction so the doc came in and I had my baby. 4:01 am May 15th, 2006, 8lbs 12.5 oz 20.5 inches long. Timothy Dru Olson was born

Recovery was hell, I spent 6 days total in the hospital (going home a day earlier than they suggested) and got home and my husband had to go back to work right away, both his 2nd and 3rd shift jobs, all of our family lived at least an hour away. So I was left in pain to recover and take care of this newborn who WOULDN"T latch on correctly, I ended up getting thrush in my nipples (the worst pain in my life, everytime Id express milk, whether baby or pump, it felt like millions of razor blades coming out of my nipples) anyway the whole experience was hell, and next baby Im getting a CNM and doing a VBAC water birth. It's decided lol
daydreaminmom
by on Jul. 3, 2007 at 8:38 PM

I had an emergency c-section with my son (he's almost 5 now) which is why we are trying so hard for a VBAC this time around. I had my water break but contractions failed to begin on their own so they started a pitocin drip (which I will refuse adamantly from now on - it just hurt so bad!!!) which didn't progress anything. I then got my epi which caused his heart rate to drop thus the emergency c-section to get him out and make sure he was ok.
Granted we both came out just fine, in fact I have the smallest c-section on my doctors record (only a 4 inch incision!) and I healed well but I just feel like I missed out on so much of his birth because of the c-section.
If I have to have a repeat with this pregnancy i'm at least going to give natural a shot first, lol, i'm nuts I know but this one has to make up for all I missed last time around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)