Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I get over the urge?>>

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2007 at 1:16 AM
  • 8 Replies
Hello ladies, I am the mother to a little girl who is 19 months old now, she is my only child, lately i just have been finding myself looking at newborn clothes, imagining doing a nursery again,staring at new mothers and feeling sad. it doesnt help that i jsut got a job at babies r us, so i see pregnant moms and newborns all the time!
my best friend is also pregnant with her first child, and i am soooo jelous(not in a bad way, i am soo happy for her)
I no that there are a lot of things that i want to have accomplished before having another child but i stil just cant help wishign i could have another child.
we live in a 2 bedroom apartment, we are just now starting to get on our feet financially. i dont know, does anyone else ever urge for another child?
does it go away?  am ij ust miissing when my daughter was a newborn?
any advice woudl be appreciated. i just am driving myself crazyy, going on ebay and looking at newborn things!! please help
by on Jul. 3, 2007 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
aidens_mama32
by on Jul. 3, 2007 at 1:23 AM
im sorry i dont have any advice because im feeling the same way right now!!!! i have a friend who just had a baby in feb. and another one im april. my son is 18 months. there is so much i want to do before another baby too though! i want to finish college and everything and there are alot of things we want to do with out apartment (painting and some new stuff) and we want to be more financially stable too! and it seems like everybody i see it pregnant or talking about someone they know who is pregnant and all i want is to be pregnant again too!! everytime we go shopping my bf has to pull me away from the newborn clothes!! i think im driving the both of us crazy!!
drinkme8184
by on Jul. 3, 2007 at 1:25 AM
Yeah i feel the same way! lol and im a single parent of a 2 year old.  I know i still need to finish school and i would like to buy a house first lol, but its hard.  I def. know how you feel.
Meghan131
by on Jul. 3, 2007 at 1:25 AM
Oh I so know what youre going through! We have 2 little boys, but I have terrible baby fever right now! And the timing isnt perfect, we want things in life that we just cant accomplish if I keep having babies, so I know that I should wait until we are a little more further up the road than we are right now...but its tough because at the same time, I know that if we waited until we are 'ready' to have babies, most of us would be a long time having them! Hubby tells me the baby fever will pass, but i dunno...thats a tough one. Just think hard about what you want and what another baby will bring to your family, and how life will be I guess and hopefully you will come to the right decision...Im still at this point, wondering if its right or not....So, if you come across some good advice let me know!! :)
ttkbrent
by on Jul. 3, 2007 at 1:26 AM
i have gotten that feeling quite a few times...it was always becuase i was missing my husband...i feel that way right now....i dont know what to say cuz im in the same boat. maybe it will go away when he gets back next week. But i do miss my baby being that small....and i just want that feeling back.
stephanie021
by on Jul. 3, 2007 at 1:28 AM
i have no advice im in the same boat. hopefull my hubby will let me have another one next year.
kittyd.
by on Jul. 3, 2007 at 1:29 AM

if you are emotionally ready for another child and you know you wont end up denying your child with the necessities then you should go ahead and have another child...money isnt evrything...you can always make room....well thats just my opinion. you obviously have to talk to your husband and all that about it 2! GOOD LUCK!

adrianasmommy
by on Jul. 3, 2007 at 1:30 AM
I am glad that i am not the only one that has baby fever!! thankx for responding to my posst ladies.
babybailey2005
by on Jul. 3, 2007 at 1:43 AM
i soo know what your going through. I have been wanting another off and on for the pass 9mo. i get so jealous. So i think its normal...its you mother instincts i guess. I figured i had one and that i love so much best feelings in the world i would want to share with another.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)