Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

this whole thing pissed me off

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2007 at 10:28 AM
  • 18 Replies
ok so heres what happen the other day i was in walmart with my four year old lil girl and this other lady was shopping and looking at clothes for her child and she was minding her business not bothering any one else .well this lady had a handicap child with her and people wer staring at her and making comments about the child . this one lady was like oh i would have aborted that thing and she said it so loud now mind you the lil boy was like 10 years old and when the lady walked away he said mommie why would she say that i can hear .then liek 5 mins after that somebody who worked in the store some young girl was like if you dont tell that kids to shut up geese that when i had to say something like listen lady the kid can hear and just cause he is handicap it dont make him any different then you or me then she said sorry .i just looked at the mother and i was like pople are so rude and they dont think befro they speak .this just made me so mad i can just imange what she had to go throuh eveyday with that kind of stuff
by on Jul. 5, 2007 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tennismommy
by on Jul. 5, 2007 at 10:31 AM
Wow, that's pretty messed up.  Those people were mean!

Lilypie Baby PicLilypie Baby Ticker 
Hopesmomma
by on Jul. 5, 2007 at 10:32 AM
My gosh! That's horrible of that woman. Who even thinks that way? A child is a blessing, no matter what size, shape or form they come in. Someone needs to smack her!...Glad you spoke up, I don't know that I would have! :)

ChristinW
by on Jul. 5, 2007 at 10:35 AM
I can't believe the amount of rude people there are sometimes. That makes me me so mad and I didn't even have to experience it. I used to babysit a handicap boy when I was 12 years old and he was only a year younger than me, but with him I learned so much. Just because he was handicap he was so smart still. He couldn't talk and had to wear a helmet because he through fits and would beat his head against anyone and anything but he could play video games and communicate through sign language, and like you said they can still hear. Most of the time they can even understand everything.
Ashley41089
by on Jul. 5, 2007 at 9:40 PM

Quoting Hopesmomma:

My gosh! That's horrible of that woman. Who even thinks that way? A child is a blessing, no matter what size, shape or form they come in. Someone needs to smack her!...Glad you spoke up, I don't know that I would have! :)

you are so right,

BrianaRox
by on Jul. 5, 2007 at 9:43 PM
omG!! i would have went off on the woman who said  'i would have aborted that thing' what an ignorant bitch!...

radio.mj
by on Jul. 5, 2007 at 9:46 PM

Quoting BrianaRox:

omG!! i would have went off on the woman who said  'i would have aborted that thing' what an ignorant bitch!...

I KNOW! it's not a thing, it's a CHILD!!! every child is a gift from god regardless of how he gets that child to us! some people.
i used to volunteer at texas school for the deaf. some of the kids who went to school there were deaf due to some form of mental handicap...they were the sweetest kids ever, and were just so happy to have people hanging out with them and being nice to them without being judgemental. it breaks my heart when i see shit like that happen, it's not like they choose to have that life!!

meredith aka jett's mommy
www.workathomeunited.com/allforthefam
www.myspace.com/realmoneyfromhome

robocake04
by on Jul. 6, 2007 at 3:32 PM
That is such a horrible thing to say. Even mentioning abortion is terrible. Abortion is muder. Handicap kids are wonderful people. i have 2 family members that are handicap and i love them just the same, that lady doesnt know what its like to be handicap so she has no room to talk.  That lady needs some to stick a boot up her butt!!!  I would have slapped her.
Bayareamommy510
by on Jul. 6, 2007 at 3:38 PM
uuhhh that discusts me! why are people so rude?! I am so happy that you said something! That poor kid & his mom!! I couldnt listen to people talk badly about my child which it prolly happens everyday! How can people be so mean?! Geeze that irratates me!! I give you credit for standing up to them!! They have no right to say anything anyway its none of their buisness!
Ashton91005
by on Jul. 6, 2007 at 3:39 PM
Yeah well I know how that feels my son has a hamangioma on his head and he used to be bald and you could see it real good and a friend of mine said she heard a girl make fun of it . Like ew thats nasty if I would have heard her or seen her staring at it I would have smacked her, People are so dumb.
Evoco
by on Jul. 6, 2007 at 3:41 PM
Ignorant people like that lady... I just can't tolerate them.  Every person is a person, regardless of action or disposition.  I mean, people get sued for being racist or sexist.  The same should apply to people like this.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)