Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

"Unpatriotic"

Posted by on Jul. 5, 2007 at 6:00 PM
  • 3 Replies
I posted this in another group...but I just had to share!!

So I need to vent about first 4th of July experience as a mom. I live in a residential neighborhood. Last nite I put my daughter to bed at 8, just like normal. It was almost 10:00pm when neighbors down the street began shooting off fireworks. It sounded like canons exploding. I was begining to get aggrevated. So I said I would calm down. Then I went back into the house & my daughter was screaming. They woke her up & so I called the cops. The lakeland police dept came & told me that i was "unpatriotic". I asked the cop if anyone wanted to come inside & put my scared, tired daughter back to bed & he told me that i would probably be up all nite. I was furious. Finally I got the baby back to bed...but they continued the fireworks for at least another hour....
by on Jul. 5, 2007 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
HerNameIsJoplin
by on Jul. 5, 2007 at 6:08 PM
I know EXACTLY how you feel! My daughter woke up 3-4 times screaming last night b/c the people RIGHT next door shot off 10 minute long chains of exploding, crackling, screeching HUGE artillery shells until midnight! She had no problem with the loud fireworks while she was awake, she was almost obliviouse to them, but after she went to sleep it was a whole other story. I think you should have told those pigheaded (I assume MALE) police that they were being abusive, and as a mother you have the right to keep you child from being afraid of sleeping in their own bed! It may not have done any good, but at least you could have vented a little!
PDXMomma
by on Jul. 5, 2007 at 6:11 PM
That's kind of ridiculous for  them to call you unpatriotic! LOL. Once 10 rolls around people should be respectful, but of course usually aren't. Luckily, my daughter slept right through them after she went to bed, but she had the fan on in her room & I made a point to close her window, so I don't even think she could hear them!! I was paranoid though, I checked on her a million times just to make sure. :)

1stimemomof1
by on Jul. 5, 2007 at 10:37 PM

Quote:

by PDXMomma on Jul. 5, 2007 at 6:11 PM

That's kind of ridiculous for  them to call you unpatriotic! LOL. Once 10 rolls around people should be respectful, but of course usually aren't. Luckily, my daughter slept right through them after she went to bed, but she had the fan on in her room & I made a point to close her window, so I don't even think she could hear them!! I was paranoid though, I checked on her a million times just to make sure. :)

Yeah I hear ya! Same here. Our neighbors were shootin them off till midnight. I was soooo close to callin the cops, but didn't cuz my dd slept through them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN