Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

OMG I wish he would support me

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2007 at 4:51 PM
  • 12 Replies
I am desiding on joining the army, my fiancee and his parents are not n support of me but I feel this is the best I can do for my son and my family as a whole.  I just need support my famliy has never been supportive of anything I do, including going to college and having my son.  Nothing I do is ever nor never has been good enough for them. Im am just sick of feeling soo depressed and not good enough for anyone, I am told by the man I love that I am a slut (but thats cus in the past before my son years ago I cheated on him) and Im a no good worthles nothing, that Im a bad mother and so on and so on Im jsut soo tired because of him I have had relapses in my depression (went back to thinking susicde). Then there are his stupid parents who have f**king treated my man and his twin like babies plus his parents like to argue with me about everything. ok I need to stop I am just going on and on and on  I just needed to rant
by on Jul. 11, 2007 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tiffanimjones
by on Jul. 11, 2007 at 4:56 PM
Sounds like you need to pick a different guy. No man should tell you that you are worthless, or a bad mother.
AirForceMommy2J
by on Jul. 11, 2007 at 5:09 PM
I agree! No man should treat you like that. You need to do what's best for you and your son!

brattykatty_5
by on Jul. 11, 2007 at 5:09 PM
Well I gave him an altamatum, he can either go with me and marry me and change or he can leave and I will find an army guy lol....
Weenzie
by on Jul. 11, 2007 at 5:21 PM

Hi

I can't say that I know where you're coming from. I have a loving husband that supports me, but I can give you some advice and some supporting words. I don't think the way you're being treated is right. You may have some relationship issues with your man in the past, but if he decided then to forgive and stay with you then that's what he needs to do. If he can't do that, I would get out.

As far as the Army. I can help you with that. I'm an veteran myself and my husband has been in since 2002. The military is a great life style. The pay is not bad, they have full health care, and great family services. It would give you a chance to get away and start off with a clean slate. If that's what you're looking for. The only thing that you'll want to think twice over is "can you be separted from your child?" Deployments are no laughing matter and there would be a 95% chance you would be deployed in the next year or two. Depending where you go. That was the reason I left the service. My unit was leaving on a year long deployment to Iraq. My husband was going to be there too, so we would have had to give our child to some to watch until we returned. If you can't find someone to do that then you have to get out. It's called a "Family Care Plan". I'm not in any means discouraging you from joining. I support the military 100%. It's something I just wanted you to think about. If you have any question about the Army feel free to ask. I know you can go to a recruiter, but trust me... they tell you what you want to hear. That's their job. I can go on post and pick up tons of reading material for you if you're interested. On things inside the military life style you wouldn't be able to get from a recrutier. Feel free to ask hun. I would love to help.

I hope to hear from you
Dianne
TSPMommy04
by on Jul. 11, 2007 at 5:23 PM
i'm so sorry that he's not supporting your decision. Think about you and your child. He shouldn't talk to you like that at all and neither should his parents they should respect you. I would talk to women that are in the army to see what they say about it before joining i know tones of friends that are no longer in it
Tiffanimjones
by on Jul. 11, 2007 at 5:25 PM

Quoting brattykatty_5:

Well I gave him an altamatum, he can either go with me and marry me and change or he can leave and I will find an army guy lol....
Men don't change no matter what they say they'll do. He'll put and act on and then a week later go back to his old ways.  I say find and army guy.
PinkyBoicourt
by on Jul. 11, 2007 at 5:25 PM

Quoting Tiffanimjones:

Sounds like you need to pick a different guy. No man should tell you that you are worthless, or a bad mother.
I AGREE! You shouldn't put yourself in that kind of position. I would get rid of him and find a new man, (not immediately though). You need people in your life that will support in anything that you do or will do, not shoot you down everytime you want to do something new with your life, especially if it's a positive thing to help you son anf family.

Proud wife & mother to Randy (DH) & Christian Kai (DS)

brattykatty_5
by on Jul. 11, 2007 at 5:50 PM

Quoting Tiffanimjones:
Men don't change no matter what they say they'll do. He'll put and act on and then a week later go back to his old ways.  I say find and army guy.

Thats whats funny every time his parents arent anywhere interfering with us we are the happest couple my best friend has seen it, his parnets make us like this its somthing they tell him and do whtn Im not there. They go behind my back and then that causes cus to fight, they twist and turn things I say into ugly things I never said.

misskee
by on Jul. 11, 2007 at 6:06 PM

Quoting Weenzie:

Hi

I can't say that I know where you're coming from. I have a loving husband that supports me, but I can give you some advice and some supporting words. I don't think the way you're being treated is right. You may have some relationship issues with your man in the past, but if he decided then to forgive and stay with you then that's what he needs to do. If he can't do that, I would get out.

As far as the Army. I can help you with that. I'm an veteran myself and my husband has been in since 2002. The military is a great life style. The pay is not bad, they have full health care, and great family services. It would give you a chance to get away and start off with a clean slate. If that's what you're looking for. The only thing that you'll want to think twice over is "can you be separted from your child?" Deployments are no laughing matter and there would be a 95% chance you would be deployed in the next year or two. Depending where you go. That was the reason I left the service. My unit was leaving on a year long deployment to Iraq. My husband was going to be there too, so we would have had to give our child to some to watch until we returned. If you can't find someone to do that then you have to get out. It's called a "Family Care Plan". I'm not in any means discouraging you from joining. I support the military 100%. It's something I just wanted you to think about. If you have any question about the Army feel free to ask. I know you can go to a recruiter, but trust me... they tell you what you want to hear. That's their job. I can go on post and pick up tons of reading material for you if you're interested. On things inside the military life style you wouldn't be able to get from a recrutier. Feel free to ask hun. I would love to help.

I hope to hear from you
Dianne
I agree with her. I feel that joining would be a great chance for you to support your family, but deploying is tuff. I deployed twice and my husband just got deployed and it so hard for him to be away from my daughter and I. And if you bf love you and respect he would not say those things,especially knowing that there making you feel bad. I wish you nothing but the best for you and your family. O lastly I would ignore the hell out of his parents if there only bringing negativety into you life. Ok im done
Tiffanimjones
by on Jul. 11, 2007 at 6:11 PM

Quoting brattykatty_5:

Quoting Tiffanimjones:

Thats whats funny every time his parents arent anywhere interfering with us we are the happest couple my best friend has seen it, his parnets make us like this its somthing they tell him and do whtn Im not there. They go behind my back and then that causes cus to fight, they twist and turn things I say into ugly things I never said.

Do you really want someone who's parents have that much control over them.

Tiffani Proud Mother of Sophia RayLynn

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN