Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

This is so frustrating!

Posted by   + Show Post
I was reading my local newspaper online this morning, and I came across this in the opinion section:

http://www.zanesvilletimesrecorder.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070718/OPINION01/707180335

The article is about how teen motherhood is declining, and how that is a good thing because teens don't understand child development, are often neglectful parents, and that children of teen parents are destined to live in poverty,  just like their parents.

As if we don't have enough trouble dealing with the stigma of being a young parent, someone had to go and print this stupid sh*t. It's just frustrating because I feel like I am just as good a parent as anyone else, regardless of how old I am. (I'm 20, by the way.) I've seen what you guys write about your kids. I KNOW that you are proud of them, that they are your world. I'm the same way about my son, Lennon. It just makes me mad that, in this group, there are so many PROUD TEEN MOMMIES who love their kid(s), but do we get any mention? No, just the parents who neglect their kids; the parents who give GOOD teen parents like us a bad name.

I guess that's just my opinion. Thanks for letting me bit*h for a minute!

Molly and Lennon
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 9:17 AM
Replies (11-13):
angelofmusic
by on Jul. 19, 2007 at 2:18 AM
i think as long as you love your kid and take care of him/her... age doesnt totally matter... yeah with age comes experience, but at the same time, a younger mom, as long as she is mature and ready to be a mom... is prolly better... younger moms can relate to their kids better. Plus... if you are a younger mom, you will be a younger gramma, ... and that means you may live to see your grandkids and maybe even great grandkids grow up... which i think is cool! So  i say rock on young moms...
Ps... i am 19 and about to be a mommy for the first time. although i am scared out of my mind, i am also completely excited!

mamaof2nlovinit
by on Jul. 19, 2007 at 2:47 AM
I dont know why they say things like that. I think having a kid at a young age is fine. You are more energetic and you can have alot more fun with them. I cant really talk though because I dont work. I dropped out of hs and didnt go on to get a higher degree. I have a medical condition that the doctors dont know what it is. I love being a stay at home mom. I love seeing my kids grow up and I want to be there for them when they need me to help them and not say that mommy is at work. Im very proud of my kids and I love to stay home with them. I have had girls that are my age that dont have kids give me looks like what the hell was she thinking and grown people looking and giving me dirty looks. I cant stand it anymore. I think that us young mothers have to set the record straight with people that want to stare and say something about it.
sanchia
by on Jul. 19, 2007 at 2:54 AM
morning all i am not gonna even reply to this cause i dont want to say what is on my mind now.. i am a good mother to my son so they can say what they want to say but, wont make me a better mom or a bad mom cause i am alreay the best mom so are all of you,,
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN