Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Daipers rash creams....

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 5:16 PM
  • 18 Replies

Poll

Question: What diaper rash cream do you use?

Options:

A&D Ointment

Aveeno

Johnsons Three in one

Zinc Oxide cream

Baby powder

Other...

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 31

View Results

okay ladies i gotta say i am not lovin this A&D ointment, i usually use johnson's three in one cream, but i decided to try something different because this case of diaper rash is worse than usual and isn't going away, but the A&D ointment isn't helping either, and i've tried balmex, and aveeno and they didn't work on his minor cases, this one is bigger, (covering most of his "sac") and very red...what do i do?  i use an aveeno oatmeal cream wash on him at every bath and oatmeal bath when i can, we always use the diaper rash cream at every changing and it's still there.  today i gave him a little nakey time after a cooling bath (roomtemp) but at seven months he has no bladder control and i have no carpet cleaner to clean up any accidents, and i can't keep him on a towel period, he's too busy trying to get the toys he's throwing,m any body have suggestions??

by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaydensmommy413
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 5:18 PM
Desitin seems to work pretty well for my son.  It also has a cooling effect and I'm sure that relieves a lot of the burning.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
tennismommy
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 5:20 PM
Desitin all the way  : ) !!!

If my daughter had a rash, I would clean her bottom really good, apply desitin & put a little baby poder so it wouldn't rub off on the diaper.  : )
NEWMOM0807
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 5:25 PM
I work at a childcare center in the infant room, so I've seen and used about every kind of cream out there and the one that works the best!!?? Bordoux (Sp?) Butt Paste. It comes in a yellow jar. It is grey in color which was weird for me the 1st time I saw it, but it works SO well. I plan on using it with my new baby
KaidensMom3107
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 5:26 PM

Just use good old fashion vaseline it is cheap and works.  I have tried desitin and it never seems to sit on the rash.  They make baby vaseline that smells like
baby powder.  Do not use powder in diapers...not healthy for babies to breath in and has said to have lead to asthma.

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphicsmyspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphicsmyspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

zoeanabbysmom
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 5:32 PM
well it sounds like nothing you have used has helped for this rash I had the same problem with my oldest daughter and we went and seen her doctor and because the rash was so persistent she prescribed nystatin cream and that has always seem to work real well and fast I think it might sting at first but it takes the rash away pretty quick maybe you should call your baby's doctor and see what they recommend.
mrs.mcbane
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 6:12 PM
balmex, its what i got in a gift package at a shower, and the first time i used it was last week, her first diapy rash and she's 8 months.

Jordan Habacker, lost April 2007 Abby Rose born 11-4-2006

(boothfamily for those who don't know.............)

There are better ways to bond. 100% against breastfeeding be shoved down my throat.

Its formula not rat poision. Get over it.

Child Loss group: http://www.cafemom.com/group/childloss

parker06
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 9:19 PM
we use a combo of the desitin creamy (overnight )....even if it's not night time and then put caldesene powder over that. you can't find it everywhere....i usually have luck at walgreens, its in a pink bottle. always clears everything up for us within 24 hours!
mom061024
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 9:23 PM
My daughter used to do that too and when i asked people they kept telling me different creams and none of it worked. So i decided to try the medicated baby powder. It worked wonders!

JessicaF86
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 9:23 PM
I don't even use diaper rash ointment. I use vaseline. It seems to really work. The next day her rash is almost gone.
luvnmybabies05
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 9:24 PM
sween cream
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)