Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

It finally hit me!

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 7:37 PM
  • 23 Replies
So today me and hubby went to Babies R Us to register and i was so excited. It took us about two hours and it was probably the funest thing i have ever done sad i know. But when we were looking at clothes it finally hit me that we are having a baby! I mean i knew but it just really hit me today. So I was just wondering when it hit all of you and what you were doing or what made you realize it?
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CrissyMarie2003
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 7:42 PM
Haha.. I know what you mean!  I can't remember exactly how far along I was, but I'm pretty sure we were in Babies R Us when it happened to me, too (strange!)!  We were looking at a crib set, and all-of-the-sudden, BAM!  It hit me.  I was having - WE were having a KID!  Haha.. I mean, you know it already (of course.. hello..? big belly?), but then you get that "I'm actually gonna be a mom" feeling, and you don't know whether you want to laugh or cry (I cried!)!   :D 

Myspace LayoutsMyspace CodesMyspace Text Generator, Myspace GraphicsMyspace LayoutsMyspace CodesMyspace CodesMyspace Codes, Myspace Graphics
prbabygurl888
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 9:18 PM
i dont think it ever hit me...and my daughters almost 5 months old...lol. i remember thinking, wen i take the pregnancy test, it'll hit me...wen i tell my parents, it'll hit me...wen my belly starts growing, it'll hit me...wen i get my ultrasound done, it'll hit me...wen i have my baby shower, it'll hit me...wen im in labor, it'll hit me...wen i hold my daughter for the first time, it'll hit me. NOPE, it never did...lol. i mean, of course i know i have a baby, but i guess it hit me so slowly, that i never noticed it.

~GrEtChEn~

StephSlepicka
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 9:19 PM
it still hasnt hit me...i think when my son says mama then i'll start freaking out
Melissa221
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 9:22 PM
It took a long time to sink in. All the baby shopping and even labor and i was like yeah right i'm never gonna have a baby. It wasnt until after we got home that i was like OMG i have a kid!
chalinablueyes
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 9:23 PM
I dont ever remember being in total shock. But seing the first ultrasound was major, and feeling her move really cemented for me.  I kinda just took it all in stride from the pregnancy test to her birth. I was ready to have her before she was concieved
marleen_r
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 9:26 PM
Well im 34 weeks pregnant and it still hasnt sank in ! not even when my belly moves around like an alien lives in there ! its so bad that i always point out my fat belly to my husband and he yells at me and says its not fat its a baby ! ( which i hope he keeps the same views after my c-section next month! )
amaleigh
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 10:43 PM

Quoting prbabygurl888:

i dont think it ever hit me...and my daughters almost 5 months old...lol. i remember thinking, wen i take the pregnancy test, it'll hit me...wen i tell my parents, it'll hit me...wen my belly starts growing, it'll hit me...wen i get my ultrasound done, it'll hit me...wen i have my baby shower, it'll hit me...wen im in labor, it'll hit me...wen i hold my daughter for the first time, it'll hit me. NOPE, it never did...lol. i mean, of course i know i have a baby, but i guess it hit me so slowly, that i never noticed it.

~GrEtChEn~

i know EXACTLY what you're saying!! Sienna is 2 months old and I still find myself saying, "did it hit me yet???" and the answer is plain and simple... NOPE! I love her more than life itself, but it's so crazy for me to look in her eyes and think that's she's really mine. I always have this terrible feeling some lady's gonna show up on my doorstep and say she's here for her. Hopefully someday soon though! That damn feeling's making me crazy!!!

Leahk
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 10:46 PM
I knew but it never really hit me, I cried at the first ultra sound and it hit me alittle and the second it hit harder cause we found out it was a girl (though we both kind of new before hand!) But I just looked at her and said I can't believe that I'm your mommy, today! I know I'm a mommy but like the other post said I think it will slowly sink in and I think I'll freak when I hear mama! lol I love my darling angel!

Lilypie Breastfeeding TickerLilypie Breastfeeding Pic

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

ShaylasMommie
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 10:48 PM
Its still so unreal to me. Its hit me that i'm a mom and have a baby, but its like i'm living in a dream i had when i was a little girl. Its great it hit you soon, i lied in bed for weeks crying because it hadnt hit me yet, and i felt so bad about it. Its great that you're having a boy. Congratulations again!
luvnkaylabeans
by on Jul. 18, 2007 at 10:50 PM
It hit me when my nurse called me at 10pm (I had an amnio that day) and said, "I hope you have your bag ready. We need to induce you tomorrow".  I just couldn't contain my excitement. I mean, I was scared b/c of the reason I was being induced, but that was the MOMENT I realized that I would be someone's mommy. And that the next time I came home, we would no longer be a family of 2...but 3. It was an amazing feeling.

BTW, Calimama88:
I love reading your posts. It's good to get away from the drama...and you make me really miss being pregnant! So CONGRATS!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)