Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Any opinions?

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2007 at 12:11 AM
  • 7 Replies
Four and a half years ago,I broke up with a wonderful man,my reasons,I was young (18) and wanted the freedom to do as I please (see other people)
Anyway,the guy I eventually got with,has 4kids,and he and them have been treating me like dirt for 4 years now and I'm tired.Now the guy I left,his name is Peter and we always kept in touch,sort of,meaning I'd stay away for a year,then call,then stay away for another few months,then call again to play catch up and he'd always welcome me with open arms,literally.He now has 1 child and I have 2.He isn't ibn a relationship and I'm getting out of one,but if ever I'm to be with anyone in a committed relationship,I'd want that man to be HIM.Years have passed,with on again,off again contact and i miss him,i want him,what do i do?I mean I was the one who dumped him a few years back,but he doesn't seem to hold any resentment and he even talks as though he;d give us a chance again,i don't know,I've never brought it up,but he has talked about us having a child together(that was our plans,back then)but he holds on to it.
Should I bring a relationship up?Should I wait and let him do it?Should I look in other directions?Any Opinions?This is IRGENT!!!!
by on Jul. 19, 2007 at 12:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
precious_smile
by on Jul. 19, 2007 at 12:15 AM
GO FOR IT! you sound in love and if he is single and you and him both still have feelings and he's talking about still having a kid this sounds like a GREAT chance to make your life better and get back what you gave up! goodluck! i hope to hear from you!

Amber

yazu06
by on Jul. 19, 2007 at 12:19 AM
I think you should go for it........i mean what's the worst that can happen? And really if you keep on putting it off then he might just slip away and if that happens you'll always wonder, "what if??" WIsh you luck!
SoCalMom3706
by on Jul. 19, 2007 at 12:21 AM

Quoting precious_smile:

GO FOR IT! you sound in love and if he is single and you and him both still have feelings and he's talking about still having a kid this sounds like a GREAT chance to make your life better and get back what you gave up! goodluck! i hope to hear from you!

Amber

I totally agree, this sounds like a fairytale! And I'm jealous! Good luck, I truly hope everything works out!

MommyA85
by on Jul. 19, 2007 at 12:21 AM
Sweety, take your babies and get out of your unhappy life where you are. It sounds like he loves you and always has. He welcomes you with open arms and still talks about a child with you. It sounds like you're the one holding resentment for YOURSELF for letting him go in the first place. FORGIVE yourself because he obviously has. Call him now and make a dinner date. If you want to start over with him, start ALL over. Dating, wooing, and taking int slow. You get a chance to REfall-in-love with him. Make it romantic, memorable, and exactly the way YOU want it. I would LOVE that opportunity with my husband, getting roses again, calls on the phone for hours, late night talks, and first, second, and third dates. Enjoy this newness.
Mommyx2BG
by on Jul. 19, 2007 at 12:22 AM
      I agree with the other comment, you should definitely go for it!!!! He sounds like a great guy.....dont miss out on another chance to be with him
pronity23
by on Jul. 19, 2007 at 12:31 AM
THanks all of you for youe response,I believe I will go for it,i actually just hung up with him and as soon as i get back to New York,we're seeing each other and I'll bring it up.Wish me Luck!I do Love Him.
lachryma
by on Jul. 19, 2007 at 12:53 AM
I'm a hopeless romantic, I say go for it. Of course, I've done this before, dumped a guy then years later get back with him, and it didn't work out. But that hasn't changed me from being a hopeless romantic... if you don't go for it, won't you always wonder what you missed? I'm sorry I can't help it!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN