Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tummy time

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2007 at 12:41 AM
  • 5 Replies
my son hates tummy time and i dont know what todo  does anyone have ideas?
by on Jul. 19, 2007 at 12:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
2ajsmommy
by on Jul. 19, 2007 at 12:44 AM
my daughter didnt like tummy time till she was able to roll over onto her stomach by herself. after that she was fine
WAITINonTHATday
by on Jul. 19, 2007 at 12:46 AM
my daughter hated it too for such a long time then once she could roll over all she wanted to do was lay on her belly. i kno they say you should have a lot of tummy time for them but i hardly ever did! she's nine months old and i swear shes about to start walking. i don't think it'll hurt him 2 much if you hold off on tummy time a little.
Marley06
by on Jul. 19, 2007 at 12:47 AM
My daughter hated tummy time also. my dr told me when she was 2 weeks to put her on her tummy 3 times a day for 15 minutes at a time. Any time i did she cried and cried. I couldn't take it i hate having my baby cry! So i would try it probably once a day for maybe 5 min. I know i didn't do it as much as i should. They want you to do tummy time so around 4 months your baby knows how to roll over. Well let me tell you like i said i didnt do tummy time as much as i should but my baby learned how to roll over at 3 months. And now she loves being on her tummy. So i think it's ok if you don't put him on his tummy as much as you should.
isaiahsmomSATX
by Member on Jul. 19, 2007 at 12:50 AM
My son hated it as well. I would just put him in his walker or sit him up. He never really did crawl,he kind of scooted around or he would hang on to things to get himself around. He was walking just before he turned 9 months.

~V~

chases_mommy
by on Jul. 19, 2007 at 12:54 AM
i think it is perfectly fine if you dont put them on their tummys, but should you choose to, try playing with them on the floor. let them see some bright toys and something with faces on them. maybe that will help. they dont like being on their tummys cause they cant see as much as they can on their backs, even though that really isnt much. make sure to stay close to them and talk to them a lot so they know you are there. maybe that will help. i was at work all the time, my mom took care of him. i remember when she called to tell me he rolled over for the first time i almosted cried cause i missed it. oh well... at least i am here for him now.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)