Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Dont know what to do about my 7 week old!

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2007 at 9:35 PM
  • 22 Replies
Hi! I have a 7 week old daughter born June3,07 and she a very good baby. But my problem is I can not get anything done around the house. I breast feed her and she falls asleep and is sound asleep so I put her down right next to me, shes fine still sleeping, then a minute later if that she wakes up screaming bloody murder! I then pick her up and shes fine and falls back to sleep. She will only sleep with me holding her or laying right next to her with my arm around her. When my husband holds her shes fine until I walk in the room. Then she starts to cry for me to hold her. She does the same-thing when any one Else is  holding her to. I can't get anything clean, and my husband works all day so its just us and then he says I don't do anything all day! I can't just put her down and let her cry cause we live in a apartment and I would feel like a bad mom. Now she does sleep in her bassinet next to the bed at night and only wakes up to eat. I have to get things done, but don't want to feel like a bad mom at the same time. What should I do???
by on Jul. 23, 2007 at 9:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
baby_mama_drama
by on Jul. 23, 2007 at 9:52 PM
maybe can you explain this to him and then when he is home have him take the baby in the room and then you go in the other room and clean that way the baby wont be crying for you. ?? im not sure LOL i dont have any kids YET but it seems like thats a good idea thats what i do when my little brother used to cry for me when i was babysitting and had to do stuff
lyndseyhope
by on Jul. 23, 2007 at 9:54 PM
get a front pack carrier! she can nestle real close up to u and u can get things done around the house and have 2 free arms!
Divalicious973
by on Jul. 23, 2007 at 9:55 PM
My daughter is the same way, I got a sling and strap her in when she really can't be put down so I can get some stuff done, also if im downstairs I put her in her swing so she can hear me move around and if im upstairs I put her in her bassinet. I know what you mean about letting her cry, cause I can't do that to my daughter. Try the sling hopefully that works!

evelangil
by on Jul. 23, 2007 at 9:57 PM
 I know what you mean about living in an apt and feling like a bad mom but sometimes  you might have to just let her cry for a lil bit. I had to with my son. I would make sure he had a clean diaper and had ate enough. I would put him in his crib and leave the room, and I would let him cry for ten minutes and if he was still crying then I would pick him back up.
ParkersMomma06
by on Jul. 23, 2007 at 10:03 PM
yes! get one of those front carrier things! my son was the same way and i couldn't do ANYTHING. so i got one of the cheapier ones and he fell asleep in it every time i put him in it. it was adorable

amylito7
by on Jul. 23, 2007 at 10:07 PM
do you swaddle her real tight when she sleeps? that might help her feel protected enough to stay asleep.  and the sling thing would be another idea if that doesn't work......but don't worry this should just be a phase and hopefully won't last long.....she is pretty young!
jenniferquesada
by on Jul. 23, 2007 at 10:48 PM
Try a swing it worked for mine
shyennesmommie
by on Jul. 23, 2007 at 10:56 PM
The sling is a for sure easy fix. But you are going to have a child attached to you all the time. As hard as it is for any mom you just have to let them cry sometimes. If your child likes the bassinet them have it in the living room. Try the swing also. If your house is always quiet the littlest sounds will wake them also. gradually involve quiet music in your home.
As for the cleaning. Make a schedule, like;one load of laundry and one sink of dishes a day. pick up the house with your hubby at night. If you keep up on that then it will be easier for the both of you. In my house I am the worker and my hubby is a stay at home dad (due to medical reasons) if he just keeps up on the laundry and dishes I have no problem coming and picking up the rest.
Hellingmama
by on Jul. 23, 2007 at 11:01 PM
I had the same problem with my daughter,... I never had a front carrier but we did have one of those bouncy chairs that vibrated, that saved my life! I would wrap her up and turn on the vibrator and bounce her in the chair until she fell asleep then I could get some things done!
Joan457
by on Jul. 23, 2007 at 11:14 PM
Yeah, i think every mom has this problem.  You need to sleep when she's sleeping and when your husband gets home let him take care of her for a little bit and you can clean or have him clean some after he rests for a little bit.  You can also lay her down and when she starts crying turn on your blow dryer, make sure it's on a cold setting or you'll blow it out.  Just make sure you don't do it all the time because she'll get used to it and want it all the time.  Also if you're close to her when you're cleaning put her on her stomach, it'll be ok if your right there.  I know my son loves his tummy sleep.  He sleeps so much longer when he's on the tummy.  Oh and maybe when she starts crying to the vacuming, it's just like the blow dryer and she'll fall back asleep.  It has to do with white noise, it's like the sounds they heard when they were in the womb.  Good Luck.  Don't worry it'll get better, you'll find a way.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)