Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Dont know what to do about my 7 week old!

Posted by   + Show Post
Hi! I have a 7 week old daughter born June3,07 and she a very good baby. But my problem is I can not get anything done around the house. I breast feed her and she falls asleep and is sound asleep so I put her down right next to me, shes fine still sleeping, then a minute later if that she wakes up screaming bloody murder! I then pick her up and shes fine and falls back to sleep. She will only sleep with me holding her or laying right next to her with my arm around her. When my husband holds her shes fine until I walk in the room. Then she starts to cry for me to hold her. She does the same-thing when any one Else is  holding her to. I can't get anything clean, and my husband works all day so its just us and then he says I don't do anything all day! I can't just put her down and let her cry cause we live in a apartment and I would feel like a bad mom. Now she does sleep in her bassinet next to the bed at night and only wakes up to eat. I have to get things done, but don't want to feel like a bad mom at the same time. What should I do???
by on Jul. 23, 2007 at 9:35 PM
Replies (21-22):
SkylaReneeMom
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 7:59 AM
My daughter was the same way I put her in a sling and carried her around with me and she slepped just fine, and I got alot cleaned. Then as for your husband my daughter did it also until I put milk in a bottle and he gave it to her every night twice one when he came home and before she went to bed and soon after she started wanting him to hold her everyday when he gets home she is 17 months now and when he gets home she clims up in his lap and cuddles with him.

MissLea922
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:04 AM

Sounds to me...since your breast feeding...that you baby keeps taking a few sips and then falls asleep and doesn't eat all that much and then wakes up cause shes hungry...try to pump your milk and put it in a bottle that way you can see how much she is getting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN