Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Pill?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 4:24 PM
  • 10 Replies

Poll

Question: What time of day do you take your pill?

Options:

Morning

Afternoon

Evening

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 33

View Results

I am currently on the mini pill because I am breastfeeding. With this pill it has to be taken at the same time (within half an hour) each day. So I am having a hard time tryin to figure out what time of day to take it! I am thinking when I am in bed b/c thats when I always have water and I can keep my pills there all the time too. But lately iv been so tired in the mornings i dont wake up to my alarm and so i have been late taking it! Any suggestions would be great! What time do you take your pill?
by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NewMama1206
by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 4:26 PM
I was on the mini pill and had such a hard time taking it at the right time that I got off it. You have to be within 30 minutes for it to be affective. Theres no way you can do that every day!!!

koolpup210
by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 4:47 PM
Well im also on the mini pil and i take it at 545 i knoe its a weird time but that when i usually either playing with sophia(my daughter) or laying down. And i found it easier to take the pill while im up and not just waking up. i hope that helps(if not srry)-mandy- 
Mami918
by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 4:56 PM
I take the mini pill or pop's as my doctor calls them. I take mine at 2:00 pm, I set an alarm on my phone to remember. 30 min, my doctor told me 3 hours and i been going by that for almost 2 years now.

tennismommy
by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 6:00 PM
I take my pill different times of the day (I'm on Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo).  Usually though, I'll take my pill before bed.   : D

<<< THAT'S ME!
EllasMommy07
by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 6:19 PM
so you take it within 3 hrs each day and have not had any problems?
Quoting Mami918:

I take the mini pill or pop's as my doctor calls them. I take mine at 2:00 pm, I set an alarm on my phone to remember. 30 min, my doctor told me 3 hours and i been going by that for almost 2 years now.

maddox1012
by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 6:23 PM
im on the nuva ring, not the pill. 
Mami918
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:06 PM
Yeah T take it at 2 pm so as long as i take it by 5. But yeah i've have no problems at all with it and i been on it for almost 2 years like i said before.
Quoting EllasMommy07:

so you take it within 3 hrs each day and have not had any problems?
Quoting Mami918:

jess082784
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:52 PM
I usually take mine at 9:30 every morning, once you get in the habit of taking it you wont forget. I feel like a walking pharmacy cause I take 4 diff pills then so it is harder to forget. If you take any other meds, you should take your bc pill at the same time.
GilmoreGal05
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:32 PM
I'm on Ortho-Tricyclen Lo also and I usually take it before I go to bed.  The pamphlet that comes with the pills specify that when you are on the white and light blue active pills if you forget to take one then you take it as soon as you remember.  If you only miss one and take it at a later time then it's not really that big a deal.  More than one though and your supposed to use a back up method.

KaeliesMommy06
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 1:38 PM
I take my pill at 7am. I do that because then I don't have to worry about taking it at work or school and my daughter Kaelie is usually up a lil after 6 so I'm up by then.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)