Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

has any1 ever dyed their hair while pregnant?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 10:38 PM
  • 28 Replies
has any1 ever dyed their hair while they  were pregnant. just a q? my dr said it was fine but my bf gets pissed and thinks its bad...im just curious if sum1 has dyed their hair while pregnant.
by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
schoolgirl
by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 10:40 PM
My doctor told me not to die my hair or perm it when i was further along in my pregnancy. She told me it was bad for the baby.
Melissa221
by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 10:41 PM
I had my hair highlited but never completely dyed. I don't think you are suppose to perm cause of the perm solution getting into your scalp or something like that.

Melissa

Lukas Daniel- 11/04/2005

Lillian Jade- 02/25/2007

KaydensMommy756
by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 10:42 PM
i died my hair one time when i was pregnant and i covered my mouth and nose the whole time...but it didnt take to my hair...so it was a waste of time

stayathomemom07
by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 10:44 PM

I died my hair from brown to blonde when I was pregnant and my babies are perfectly fine.

evansmommy0515
by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 10:44 PM
I died my hair while I was pregnant and I highlighted later on in my pregnancy..Theres no risk to the baby or anything...Its just some peoples hormones cause it not to take.

ERiCADAWN
MOMMA OF EVAN JARRETT!!

charleners
by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 10:48 PM
Well, I did but before I actually knew I was pregnant, but it was just tuch up on high lights at home.
Thats funny because my doctor told me not to dye my hair while pregnant and my hair dresser wouldn't do it even while I was breastfeeding.
VLM85
by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 10:48 PM
DONT DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it doesnt take i tried going from blonde to light brown when i was 8 1/2 months and it turned GREY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BRITTANYCAFE619
by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 10:49 PM
yes and my hair came out
wvprincess
by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 10:50 PM
I'm not sure about you, but with my first pregnancy my hair and nails grew nonstop!!  When I first found out I was pregnant again, I went and had my hair dyed back as close to my to my natural color as possible.  I'd figure dying your hair now would just be a waste of time and money, cause you're gonna get roots in no time flat!  I'm waiting until after she's born and going to use it as a day of well deserved pampering just for me! :o)
1MomofThree2007
by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 10:50 PM

i did in both of my pregnancies. all 3 of  my kids are fine. the chemicals they use in hair dye aren't as strong as they use to be. my doc said it was ok for that reason.

alicia

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)