Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

has any1 ever dyed their hair while pregnant?

has any1 ever dyed their hair while they  were pregnant. just a q? my dr said it was fine but my bf gets pissed and thinks its bad...im just curious if sum1 has dyed their hair while pregnant.
by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 10:38 PM
Replies (21-28):
jlp007
by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 11:08 PM
yeah, i got a perm and i died my hair. I died my hair like a week before my son was born. You just have to make sure you do it in well ventilated area. Keep windows open and fans going.
lilqt7844
by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 11:09 PM
 lol- no!!! My hairdresser wouldnt do it while I was pregnant or breastfeeding. Never really knew y though. Im not sure if its bad for the baby or your hair, I think I will google it and see why it is that u're not suppose to perm, highlight, or dye hair while preggers.
chalinablueyes
by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 11:10 PM
I dyed my hair several times while pregnant. I heard a lot of crap from people about it. But I did my research and it all checked out to me. They say that high levels of exposure can lead to birth defects....and we are talking HIGH exposure. I think you might be at risk if you dye your hair every day while you are pregnant...

My baby turned out just fine.
GracefulGirl923
by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 11:12 PM
 I dyed my hair while pregnant. I was in a wedding and I needed it done bad. My doctor told me that it was ok, but since I was so far along he told me to do it at home. So, I got some boxed dye and I had my mom do it outside and I wore a mask so the fumes wouldn't be so harsh. So, I think it is ok for you to do it. As long as your doctor said it was ok then it is. I understand the worried boyfriend thing... my boyfriend was so nervous about everyting I did. I didn't lift a gallon of milk because he wouldn't let me!.. Good Luck!...
1andonlyIndia
by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 11:12 PM
Yes I have I actually had to do it a few times lol!
SamKnowlton
by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 11:15 PM

I have been dying my hair for ten years. I just used and amonia free dye when I was pregnant. Um herbal essence and garniea are the 2 best while pregnant in my oppion they always worked.

Sidney24
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 7:50 AM
I dyed my hair while I was prego with my first baby I'm naturally brown haired buy I decided to dye it blonde.  It depends on the potency of the dye some dyes are alot more safe than others no and days then the ones I used back then.  I find a dye that was low amonia, if you can smell it and not get sick or gag then your ok.
SkylaReneeMom
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:11 AM
I had dyed my hair at the begining, and permed my hair when I was 5 1/2 months pregnant, and got my nails done twice a month, and my feet done once a week. And my daughter was and is a perfect healthy girl. So I dont get why they say its all wrong for you,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN