Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need some ideas

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 11:23 PM
  • 6 Replies
My daughter WILL NOT drink rice cereal in her bottle. I mean WILL NOT ive tried everything from just putting a teeny tiny bit to feeding her through a med. dropper. She will not drink it. I dont know what to do anymore. Ive even changed the nipples made the holes bigger everything. She will just not have it. Any ideas on how to get her to drink it?

by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 11:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mommy217
by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 11:27 PM
why do you want her too?? she will be fine if she doesnt have it..
sweetnsimple07
by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 11:28 PM
i tried feeding my baby rice cereal through her bottle as well and she HATED it and wouldn't take it..so what i finally had to do when she was 3 months old was start putting it in a bowl and put a lil bit of baby fruit food in her cereal..like pears or bananas or peaches..just whatever. audrey personally loves the pears better then anything..so i tried that and tried it with a spoon and it was messy at first but SHE LOVES IT!!! so you may just have to add a lil bit of flavor to it for her to eat it..
SamKnowlton
by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 11:30 PM
You might try another kind of cereal. My daughter didn't like rice but the mixed seemed to be better. She at least would take the bottle and eventually she took the rice.
Hendricks2004
by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 11:31 PM
Her doctor wants to see if it will help her gain weight cuz she is on the very low end of wieght for her age.
Quoting Mommy217:

why do you want her too?? she will be fine if she doesnt have it..

Hendricks2004
by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 11:32 PM
Ive tried the mixed and the oatmeal. No such luck
Quoting SamKnowlton:

You might try another kind of cereal. My daughter didn't like rice but the mixed seemed to be better. She at least would take the bottle and eventually she took the rice.

LNMallory317
by on Jul. 24, 2007 at 11:45 PM
I actually would mix the cereal into a fruit (more fruit than cereal tho) and it really helped.. especially if it was one of her favorite fruits.. if you've tried it and that hasnt helped then ask your doctor for other suggestions

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)