Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

I'm going to pull my hair out, HELP ME

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:15 AM
  • 6 Replies

1st off my step-daughter just turned 3. When I or anyone puts her in the corner she will SCREAM! I mean scream on the top of her lungs like someone is hurting her. I know my neighbors can hear her and I dont want them to think I'm doing something bad to her. I've tried everything ignoring her taking to a different room talked to her everything. But she just screams. What do I do?

My daughter is 15m old, Haylee. She screams when ever I tell her no and loves to hit me and other people when she does not get her way. If you don't look at her she will hit you more and scream more! please someone give me advise! The girls are crazy!! lol

by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ryansmommy32207
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:18 AM
put her in the bedroom and shut the door. spank her i dont know if ur against spanking or not but id spank her if she dont like the corner then she would just cry
angelofmusic
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:27 AM
if you react to the screaming, she is getting what she wants... kids do it for attention... and it is also a way they express their anger. you cant give in on punishment. You arent hurting her and you arent doing anything bad to her. so, maybe just let her scream it out. give her a pillow to scream in to even. and walk away... if she wants to scream her head off, let her... maybe she will lose her voice and stop. or maybe she will learn that throwing a tantrum wont get her to get her way. but if you give in, then it works and she will continue to do it. yeah, it is hard to let her scream, but just tell her that it doesnt change the punishment. and walk away. she will eventually understand that her screaming is falling on deaf ears and give it up. and there is nothing wrong with spanking, if the crime fits, but that wont necessarily stop the screaming,... hope this helps... good luck.
MaryKayTerra
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:30 AM

My little guy is 14 1/2 months old and he is very into hitting, he thinks it is a game. When he hits me lets say in the face, I pull his hand away from my face and hold it in my lap and say no really low   (although he has started this thing where he just says "yeah" everytime I say no, lol) after about 5 -10 times of that he either gets a spanking or slapped on the hand. Just disregard the last part if you are against spanking.

~Terra

2angelsofmyown
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:40 AM
I went threw the hitting and screaming with my daughter, I handled the hitting by walking away from her when she would hit me, I wouldn't give her any attention until she apoligized, she hates not having attention so she caught on quick. She would scream whenever i would put her in the corner, i found that the corner doesn't really work at such a young age so  what I do now and it seems to work is I put a chair in the middle of the room which is called the time out chair she has to sit on it where everyone can see and she can see us continue with fun and life, she is very calm and sits there until time out is over. Remember that time out should be 1 minute per year so if they're 3 it should be 3 minute no longer unless they break the timeout.
Sidney24
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 6:56 AM

if she screams dont spank that is neg reinforcement just take your index and middle finger and pop her on the mouth and tell her that that is not the way to get what she wants if she persists ignore her until she calms down then ask her what she wants if she calmly tells you praise her for being a big girl, it work with my 2yr old and he has a set of lungs I cannot tell you how many times I explained to my neighbors after they gave me funny looks about my kids behavior.  I have 3 children and ya just cannot let them walk all over you your the mommy and the boss not them.

tiffdck04
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:26 AM
My step daughter just turned 5 and she sort of does the same thing, except she does it when we have company.  When she does it I but here in her room and shut the door until she stop screaming.  I just try to ignore her the best that I can.  I feel bad for doing it sometimes but she has to learn that trowing them temper tantrums gets her nothing.  Since, I first started doing this I have had fewer and fewer tantrums.  So it must be working. Good luck!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN