Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

OMG. Im gonna cry. Please HELP!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post
OMG. My son is 18 months and he has been in the hitting stage BAD!!!! He friken hits me hella hard in the face. Ive been sending him to time out but it's not working. I don't know what to do. I don't want to spank him back cause thats just defeating the perpose right?? Im 9 months preggo this is soo hard. Any advice would help. I feel like such a bad mother especially when he hits me infront of company, it's soo embarassing.
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:47 AM
Replies (11-13):
EmLove
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 3:45 AM

Quoting Mandi518:

PLEASE dont hit your child. Teaching him to respond with violence will only make the problems worse. You just need to get down to his level and use simple words to explain to him what is right and wrong. Parenting is hard but please dont result to violence, children mimick their parents , you are his rolemodel. It will reinforce the behavior.

I agree. Hitting back will only show ur child that hitting is how u get people to stop doing things u dont want them to do. dont use the eye for an eye method. Just get down to his level and use simple words to explain to him what is right and wrong...time out is great, just be persisant and when he hits dont give him attention for doing it by saying "ouch" or "dont do that" maybe he is hitting for attention. <---Im not trying to sound like u dont give him attention.
MandeeMoo
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 4:00 AM
i think that if u have told him more then once to stop and he isn't learning in time out a spankin every once in a while won't hurt.  u just have to let him know whos the boss, but not make him feel scared of u.  i spank my step kids every once in a while(my daughter is only 4 months so she doesn't need spankins, i didn't mean to make i sound like i only spank my step chilren and not my own lol) if they don't listen by the third time i ask them to do something i count to 3 and if they aren't doing what they are suppose to be i give them a tap on the butt.
plusmodelmama
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:58 AM

check out www.supernanny.com this site and show gives awesome results! take advice from an actual expert.

Sheena Wimberly    
Certified Referring Travel Agent

WWW.SECURETRAVEL.US

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)