Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

How or When did you know?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:36 AM
  • 23 Replies

how did you know or when did you know you were pregnant? besides no period, and the test telling you, you were.

by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aegmo3
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:38 AM
for me I knew when my sense of smell improved. I had all the signs but that's what really made me think I was. I was like 4 or 5 weeks then.
momma2be07
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:38 AM

Well, without the obvious reasons, I had a really kind of awkward one...I love Chinese food..I mean, I could eat it day and night and then one day, I just couldn't..It made me seriously sick...Well, without my period and whatnot, I was sick for a week straight..No vomiting, just nauseous...So, I figured maybe I just had the stomach virus and it was stressing me out so maybe my period was late...Oh no, after a month of no period, I knew tsomething was up..Not only that, but I was peeing more frequently and the heartburn was out of this world..Hope this helps!

MissyChristy
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:45 AM
For me, other than the being late and somewhat morning sickness, I KNEW I was pregnant when I would get in the shower and the water coming down would hurt my boobs. I had to cover them everytime I showered because it hurt. That is when I knew for sure I was pregnant, I had my blood drawn later that day. Hope this helps you some!!

Christy
Mama07twins
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 8:47 AM
Well, since I had twins, I think it hit me sooner than it would with a regular pregnancy. But I just felt like crap for about a month straight. And I have always had issues with my period, even when I was on the pill. And I couldn't eat anything spicy. And I LOVE spicy food. I would throw up about 10 minutes after i tried, So thats when I took the test.
aijersey04
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:08 AM
well i didnt know i even had sex with the guy i was dating, my story is a long one but ill cut straight to the chase. about 2 weeks after my bf's bday bash i was having dinner with some friends since college was going to be out for the summer, and i just started eating like a mad woman, i mean i went to college in buffalo, the big thing there is buffalo chicken finger subs(which i thought were completely nasty!), but hell i wanted 1. then id eat a whole bag of peanut butter m&m's, and ben and jerrys like every night. then when i got home from college i was falling asleep every night at 630pm, i mean the first night didnt phase me b/ i figured it was jet lag from the drive. but when it lagged on for a week i knew something was up, well that same week at like 3am id wake up with sharp pains in ym stomach and thats when i was like yea its time to see a doc. well i peed in a cup and bam i was 4 weeks pregnant...
LilMama313
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:19 AM

As weird as this sounds, I just knew and I knew both times after I was done haveing sex...it was just like a premonition...Weird but tru
Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

~*~Lil Mama~*~

Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

MissMommie84
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:47 AM
I felt sooooo sick. I knew there was smething wrong but i didn't want to think that i was pregnant until i started throwing up.
Amanda126
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:52 AM
I wasn't even expecting to get my period for another week and I knew because my boobs were hurting so bad. I couldn't even lay on my stomach to sleep because it was so painful. The the week I was suppose to have my period I was so lightheaded all the time. And then I offically found out.

Made by Laura  Made by Anne  mommy to princess   

winter baby  Baby Fever baby changes everything

Reisa
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:55 AM
I nver had any symptoms of pregnancy for both my children. Only my missed period and the test showed me being pregnant. My second son was not planned so I was really in shock (for like 2 weeks) ! My period was only 6 days late and I deceided to check...boy, was I surprised !
wvprincess
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:59 AM

Quoting LilMama313:

As weird as this sounds, I just knew and I knew both times after I was done haveing sex...it was just like a premonition...Weird but tru
Lilypie 6th to 18th PicLilypie 6th to 18th Ticker

~*~Lil Mama~*~

Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

I so agree!!! Something just felt *different!* that night.  The first time i just passed it off as me being crazy. And a time went by and next thing you know, no period, and I was pregnant!

The second time I swore up and down I was pregnant.  2 weeks later I started getting sick *mid dec, he played it off as the flu*, ended up missing my period *holiday stress to blame*, took over 4 negative tests !  I still knew!  Went in for blood work and *poof* there she was.... and here we are 34 weeks later!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN