Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Sleepless baby

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:10 AM
  • 6 Replies
Has anyone else had a problem with their babies not wanting to sleep. Kaydence is 4 months old and shakes herself awake and screams like she had a nightmare EVERY TIME she falls asleep. Anyone know why??
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MeAMami20
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:12 AM
she could have an ear infection or teething...my son did that at 4 months and i took him to the dr and he had an ear infection...for some reason it's worse at night...i would call the dr and get a check up. hope this helps
hollykinz
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:14 AM
She has her 4 month check up the 26th so im gonna just deal until then... the only other openin they have is in August.... just was wondering if it was normal... i give her a lil tylenol because she cries in her sleep too.. she'll cry but she's sleeping while she's doin it.
MeAMami20
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:16 AM
try ibuprofen (spelling)?  some babies get a better response to ibuprofen then tylenol...it'll probably make her REALLY sleepy...it works for my baby....it you need to take her to urgent care...if u think it may be an ear infection it'll only get worse...call the dr and see where the nearest urgent care is...you usually don't have to make an appointment...hope this helps!
AllyRod
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:21 AM
If it is an ear infection you shouldn't wait cuz it could get really bad and the baby could lose their earing. I wouldn't wait to go to the dr. I would go asap
Mommee_Fischer
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:50 AM
Okay, my first did this when she was that little and she never had an ear infection..still to this day ( i must be lucky) anywho I noticed that she'd do it and as soon as I picked her up and laid down with her on the couch..on my chest she went right back to sleep!! For her anyways I am pretty sure it was just I want mommy, or to be held at night!!  AND about the tylenol, it never worked for either one of mine...it was IB or Motrin all the way!!  You can ask yourself some questions to help figure out if it's an ear infection...does she tug or poke her ears?? Are her ears red??  Hope this helps!
Mazie0723
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:53 AM

Quoting hollykinz:

She has her 4 month check up the 26th so im gonna just deal until then... the only other openin they have is in August.... just was wondering if it was normal... i give her a lil tylenol because she cries in her sleep too.. she'll cry but she's sleeping while she's doin it.

Both of my younger kids did this and they had Acid Reflux.. I would try putting a small semi flat pillow under her head and see if that helps or have her sleep sitting up in her infant seat..Let me know if it works for you..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)