Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How old before they can go to the beach??

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:20 AM
  • 11 Replies
My daughter is 3 1/2 months old, and I would like to take her to the beach, but think she is probably still too young:) I have no idea though. I was wondering how old your children were when you took them to the beach or even the pool for the first time:) Thank you for your help:)
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hannahsmommy309
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:31 AM
you can def. take her to the beach. i havent taken my daughter but ive had her out by the pool. just bring your boucy seat if you have one so she can lay in that, a blanket to lay on the sand and she can lay there to if the heat from the sand doesnt come up throug hthe blanket that bad...and a big umbrella!! def keep her from the sun..
the sunscreen bottles says ask doctor for under 6months, so i did and my doctor didnt recommend putting it in my daughters skin, she has really sensative skin, but i put it on for the first time last week and nothing happened. she is 4 1/2 months.

also, if your baby can drink water without gagging, give her water between feedings to keep her hydrated due to the heat..

have fun!!

Reisa
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:36 AM
My first son was a little less than 3 months when we took him to the beach. We bathe him and everthing in the water, but he was a little scared of the noises coming from the waves, but that's ok. They learn eventually.
The second one was 5 months on Monday and we're taking him to the beach on Saturday.
jrsmommie
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:40 AM
My son is 7 months and we're going to Shipwreck down at the beach for my parents company pinic. This will be his first time down there and actually first time out of state.

my_little_girl
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:42 AM
I think she's still too little, but if you do take her MAKE SURE you cover her in sun tan lotion!!!! Have fun!
ChristinW
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:48 AM
I think she will be fine. I was 6 weeks when my parents took me to the beach for the first time. It was a last minute decision when we were in Panama City Beach, FL and they had to go to a shop just to buy me a swimsuit. I've never been to the beach with my boys. My first boy however was only 3 months old the first time we put him in the pool at my parents and my second was 4 months old. Just make sure you keep on top of the sun block. Very important.
bigmomma86
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 9:51 AM
omg..i dont know who was the one that said she was too young but that is bull...as long as you keep them covered(you cant put sun lotion on a baby under 6 months) they will be fine..i brought my daughter to the beach when she was only 3 weeks old...she loved it...the fresh air does them good! its only outside remember!
evaleesmom
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:14 AM

i took my daughter last summer. she had just turned 2 she loved it.  no fear!!

mama_ash
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:20 AM
me and my bf took our son to VA beach to meet my bf's dad and we took him to the beach when he was just turning 3 months, plus my mom lives on a lake and he goes there all the time. my doctor told me i could use sun block on him, just he said use childrens.

ConnorandIsaacs
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:21 AM
Well, my first son was born in San Diego.. we went to the beach when he was 1 week old (of course, he was WELL covered).. he was born in January, so it was a little cold.. therefore, he was in the baby bjorn most of the time with a beanie on and a blanket over him.
I think my second was 2 months when we took him to the beach. =)

adksmama
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:25 AM

As one of the other mommys said its just out doors .... My  parents have a summer home right on the beach and my first son was there when he wasa month old and I just recently had another little boy who is only 2 1/2 weeks old and he was at the beach with his little toes in the water at 6 days ... Remember they lived in water for 9 months so a little water on the toes won't hurt them just remember to keep them covered from the su since sunsreen really is not reccomended for little bitties ... Also if it makes you feel any better my dad had me in the water when i was 3 days old and I survived Good luck, Have fun and enjoy the sun!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)