Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Attitude Problem (Posted in Other Groups)

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:31 AM
  • 7 Replies
Alright, I am having an issue with my daughter, she is almost one, but she is REALLY starting have an attitude. She is smacking at people (me mostly) and starting to throw fits. I don't kow if she is still too young to dispiline or what I should do about it. I haven't done anything to make her have an attitude, and it's just started being recently (more when the other girl I watch started crawling around)

Also, these two girls seem to really ahve a problem with eachother. I think it's a jealousy thing, but Madi, the girl I've been watching is very tempremental, and now I think she's teething and is VERY moody. I don't know what to do!! Between the two of them they are starting to drive me crazy!!

Mommy to Destiny Faith

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
cubanitaqt1221
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:40 AM

My son is the same hes like 5 days older then your daughter but boy hes a pain. He like to try and throw things(he thinks its like a basketball lol) he yells and throws fits. But i tell him no a couple times give him a tap on his hand or butt. If he doesnt listen by then, i put him in time out for a lil. He is starting to understantd more but not quite fully.

hammockprincess
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:44 AM
ok this may sound kind of silly, but my son is 15 months and was the same way... i talked to a friends mmom who is a preschool teacher, she said hug not hit, so any time my son is hitting we say hug not hit and we make him hug the person he was trying to hit....one week later he stopped hitting! hope it helps!
DestinysMom0813
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:53 AM
I don't understand how you give them a time out though!!! LOL
Quoting cubanitaqt1221:

My son is the same hes like 5 days older then your daughter but boy hes a pain. He like to try and throw things(he thinks its like a basketball lol) he yells and throws fits. But i tell him no a couple times give him a tap on his hand or butt. If he doesnt listen by then, i put him in time out for a lil. He is starting to understantd more but not quite fully.

Mommy to Destiny Faith

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

cubanitaqt1221
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 11:59 AM
Lol, I put him in his crib and take everything away from him. I leave him there for 5 minutes or less. If he crys then he crys. Or you can sit her at a corner and just make sure she stays sitting down . of course your next to her to watch her though. ive seen that one done ive never done that on personally.
cubanitaqt1221
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:00 PM

Quoting hammockprincess:

ok this may sound kind of silly, but my son is 15 months and was the same way... i talked to a friends mmom who is a preschool teacher, she said hug not hit, so any time my son is hitting we say hug not hit and we make him hug the person he was trying to hit....one week later he stopped hitting! hope it helps!

That is weird but i think i will try it lol
maddismom247
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:09 PM
just FYI for you guys i used to workin child care and time out really works if youkow how touse it. take the child to the designated "time out" spot and make them set down then walk away. if they get up put them backuntil they can set there for the amount of min. that equals there age. you should not expect a one year old to set there for five min. just one. then go to the child bend down to thier level and tell the and explain to them why they are in time out and why they got in trouble. i have tamed some CRAZY wild children like this and no i don't think that your eleven month old isto young for this just only use one min.

Lilypie Baby Ticker
cubanitaqt1221
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 12:14 PM

Quoting maddismom247:

just FYI for you guys i used to workin child care and time out really works if youkow how touse it. take the child to the designated "time out" spot and make them set down then walk away. if they get up put them backuntil they can set there for the amount of min. that equals there age. you should not expect a one year old to set there for five min. just one. then go to the child bend down to thier level and tell the and explain to them why they are in time out and why they got in trouble. i have tamed some CRAZY wild children like this and no i don't think that your eleven month old isto young for this just only use one min.

Lilypie Baby Ticker
For the things my son does he should be in time out for 5 minutes or less. I peronally dont believe he should be there for just one minute if anything 2 minutes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)